Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Z68/Quick Sync/MPE

Jun 22, 2011 6:28 PM

Sorry this testing is taking so long all. I know I had said I would have this done weeks ago but as usual circumstances always change plans. I am trying to resolve 1 last problem with Adobe and the Z68 with a Nvidia card and switching between the MPE acceleration and the Intel Quick Sync. The problem is Adobe detects the GPU based on the Primary Display in Windows. So you have to switch your primary display settings in Windows to the GPU that is handling the acceleration. If you don't then either you wont get the Intel Quick Sync Acceleration in Media Encoder or Premiere crashes if you open that on the display with the Intel display port if the Nvidia adapter is active with the MPE hardware engine on. Once I get this solved or fix options exhausted, I will post results with the Quick Sync.

I must say that the Quick Sync is about twice as fast as the standard encoding with the MPE engine for effects and scaling so far just in dry runs testing display configurations. I will release more info as I have it.

Eric

ADK

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 23, 2011 5:42 AM   in reply to ECBowen

Thank you Eric for the heads up information.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2011 12:54 AM   in reply to ECBowen

Eric, What has your testing shown in regards to having the integrated graphics enabled and the crippling of the PCI for the graphics card?  Can I run PPro using discrete gpu at "full speed" then encode something using quicksync? i.e. Can quicksync and the discrete gpu happily coexist without affecting the performance of the other?  Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2011 2:05 AM   in reply to ECBowen

Thanks for this information Eric

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2011 9:26 AM   in reply to ECBowen

Thanks for this info. I am assuming the motherboard used was one which had video output for the integrated gpu. I am wondering what about the "higher end" "Z68" motherboards like the ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe which can have quicksync enabled but which does not have physical video output for the intel integrated video. Will these boards work?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points