Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reader users to save data xml file

Former Community Member
Hi,
  we can email the data xml file through the form without reader extending it. Thats fine. Instead of emailing it, I just want to save the data xml file to my local system.
What is the syntax to get it? To email it, I generally create a submit button and in the submittoURL field, we write mailto:abc@xyz.com.
What to write to save it to local computer instead of emailing it? I tried saveto: C:\NewFolder or fileto:C:\NewFolder. Nothing works. I think I'm missing the right syntax here.
I know its possible by RE the pdf, you can acheive it using savedataXML(). I want to achieve this without RE to form.
Thanks in advance,

Chaitanya

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

The best you can do is set up a submitForm action and use a mailto type URL. This will prompt the user to attach it to an email using their email client or save it to a file.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

xfa.host.exportData("",0);

try this to export data as XML.

Regards,

Chalukya--

Former Community Member

Chalukya,

Thanks for your reply. But, you can use that command only if you Readerextend the form. I want to achieve this without Reader Extending the form.

Correct answer by
Level 6

The best you can do is set up a submitForm action and use a mailto type URL. This will prompt the user to attach it to an email using their email client or save it to a file.