Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Element 9 Project-settings...

Jun 29, 2011 3:06 AM

Hello everyone,

I have some trouble with the project settings ( I hope its the right term, because my programm is in German).

I don't know which setting to use with my video files captured with fraps.

Video clip details:

• 1600*838
  • 29 fps
  • .avi
  • bit rate: 480794 kBit/s
  • Audio: sample rate: 44Khz
              Channels: 2 (stereo)

I didn't find any setting fitting to my video file, and when I choose one which fits partly I can't change the settings (for instance the frame size).

In addtion to that, my video files are blurred in the prewiew and also when the file is exported....

Thank you very much for your help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2011 5:09 AM   in reply to Canuck007

Unfortunately, there are no project settings per se for this type of non-traditional video. Premiere Elements is designed primarily to interface with video from camcorders. FRAPS video is usually a pretty poor fit, and rendering problems are common. (You will definitely need to revise your video side to a more standard 855x480 or 1920x1080 at the very least.)

Bill Hunt, who writes many of the Tips & Tricks posted to the right of our forum, is sometimes aware of hybrid solutions that work in some cases. He may chime in at some point later.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2011 6:12 AM   in reply to Canuck007

As I said, there are no project settings for working with FRAPS video. It's an unsupported format.

However, some people have been able to find hybrid solutions that work to some extent. I can't recommend any -- but we can see if Bill or anyone else has any recommendations.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2011 6:36 AM   in reply to Canuck007

You might find some tips for working with FRAPS footage in some of the links at the end of this ARTICLE.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2011 1:46 PM   in reply to Canuck007

Well, with that odd Frame Size, about the best that you can do is to choose 1920 x 1080, Import your FRAPS footage into that Project, and then, either leave the black bars, or Scale up your Footage (Default Scale to Frame Size will do that, or you can use the Fixed Effect>Motion>Scale and possibly Motion>Position, if necessary). Scaling WILL reduce the quality, but you might be able to live with that. Only you can know.

Now, in PrPro, one CAN Customize the Frame Size to match odd footage, but that is an entirely different program, and not inexpensive.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2011 1:47 PM   in reply to Canuck007

I had to decide at the end, when I'm exporting, which frame size I want..

What options are available to you?

If you can get 1920 x 1080, you are pretty much home free.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2011 2:06 PM   in reply to Canuck007

Well, the Preset does matter, but in your case, there is not one that matches. So, you have to choose the one that works best. In your case, you will have to adjust your footage to match, or will have to live with the black bars.

As for Export/Share, yes, you can alter the settings there.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points