Skip navigation
PrimeroUltimo
Currently Being Moderated

Very frequent GETs for user notifications...

Dec 14, 2010 5:42 AM

I'm running Adobe Reader X 10.0.0 on an up to date XP Pro machine.  I'm seeing frequent alerts from Comodo Firewall that AcroRd32.exe is trying to connect to a remote server.  Seems like every time I open a PDF this happens (as in many times a day).  Investigation reveals that these are GETs to an Adobe [Akamai] server for message.zip which contains user notifications (Adobe product/feature "advertizelets" it looks like).  Although this appears harmless, it also appears to be of no value to me and for the time being at least I'd rather not permanently block AcroRd32.exe from accessing the Internet.  Is there a way to disable this notification "feature"?

FWIW, in Preferences->Tracker there is a Notifications category and I've attempted to uncheck both "Show notification icon in system tray" and "Show notification inside Adobe Reader".  However, the "Show notification icon in system tray" setting doesn't stick.  If I uncheck both options, hit OK, close Reader X, launch it again, and go into Preferences->Tracker, the "Show notification icon in system tray" option is checked again.  Even though the "Show notifications inside Adobe Reader" option remains unchecked, I still see these notifications being displayed on the start window when Reader X is launched from the Programs menu.  Which makes me wonder if Preferences->Tracker->Notifications actually pertains to the notifications I've described (?).

Thanks for any help you can share.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 14, 2010 6:28 AM   in reply to PrimeroUltimo

My  guess is that you must install it again and be careful what you set  there. I think the settings that happens. We happened to me something similar to  another version, and the only way I could solve the problempiese autodezmembrari auto

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 5, 2011 12:12 PM   in reply to padurar2010

Any idea how to disable this notification?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points