Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variable Waypoints

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2011 Jul 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

is there any way to use variable waypoints? What I mean by this, is that when I have variable contacts (with an id property) in a database, that I can 'navigate' to that content by dispatching navigation events like 'content.contact.245'. All that I would need for this technically, is a waypoint that implements ISelectedIndex. This way, calling something like 'content.contact.245.phone' would use the dynamic waypoint on 'content.contact'.

Is this possible? I would love to use Cairngorm 3 navigation for my project, since it works so nicely in conjunction with SWFAddress, but if this is not possible within the next 3 months, I might have to stick to Tide instead, which allows this already: http://www.grails.org/plugin/gdsflex ( see the part about [Path("show/{id}")])...

Also, if anybody is interested in seeing deep linking integrating with cairngorm 3 navigation, I need to know whom to send the code or get some svn access to the samples folder.

Cheers,

John

TOPICS
Cairngorm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2011 Jul 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After looking at the source code, I'm convinced that I can't extend the framework for this functionality without changing the core. To the very basics, I will need to replace the 'hasDestination' method with some pattern matching.

If I get it done, will it be taken over in the trunk? If not, I'll try another workaround that doesn't disconnect me from future releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd definitely take a look into your patch on the core lib to see if it can be integrated. We don't have a rule that says the core cannot be changed and you're usecase is something various others have mentioned before; so any help is very much appreciated.

Best way forward IMHO is to create a JIRA ticket and attach a patch to it.

Just in case, make sure you've checked out the NavigationParsleyTest project. This contains one sample that allows you to create a destination at runtime.

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines