Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FMS causes error 1009 in OSMF player

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2011 Jul 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have written a program to publish the audio and video data to the FMS. I am publishing the video data to FMS in live mode and trying to play back via OSMF player.  When i start publishing video data in the livepkgr application folder of FMS files like .bootstrap, .control, .meta are getting created. But when i try to playback via OSMFplayer i will get error 1009 and one intersting thing what i have observed is after 7 minutes this error won't come and OSMF player starts playing properly. Can you please give the solution for error 1009 which comes only for first 7 minutes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that its always 7 minutes - if that's the case then it seems little strange. Also do you directly hit 8134 or do you use port 80 and HTTP traffic is proxied via FMS. If you were using port 80 - can you try directly using port 8134 and see if problem goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Its not always 7 minutes. Its the average time. Actually it's +/-7 minutes. I am not using any of the ports 80 or 8134. I use port 1935 of FMS. Further i did one more experiment wiht adobe live encoder and FMS. I published a single stream from adobe encoder to FMS with stream name adobe_enc_1. I played back via OSMF player. The OSMF player started playing. Then i changed the stream name to name adobe_enc_2. The OSMF player played the video. But when i again changed the name to adobe_enc_3, the OSMF player started giving error 1009 and never played. I am thinking that switching of stream names is causing this error. Is my understanding correct? or there could be some mistake with stream names. Please let me know the possible reasons of such behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to playback HTTP Stream or RTMP Stream?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to playback RTMP stream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see any issue while playing these streams via rtmp using non-osmf player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Amit, I don't know non OSMF player which can be used to playback the video from FMS. Since OSMF player is the one recommended in one of the tutorials and is freely availble i am using it. Can you tell any other freely availbe non OSMF player? I will try to playback the video with them. Thanks is advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean to say create your own AS3 VideoPlayer like the one mentioned at  http://www.thetechlabs.com/tech-tutorials/audionvideo/how-to-build-a-as3-videoplayer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I don’t know action script coding to build this kind of a player. But I try to make it with my teammate's help. Is anything else is going wrong with what I am doing as explained in my previous posts? Please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing seems to be wrong with what you are doing. Just wanted to check if are getting any issues with normal as3 video player. Also check if are getting any error with the player hosted at http://osmf.org/dev/1.6-sprint-3/StrobeMediaPlayback.html?src="<put the stream url>"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to play the files mentioned in that webpage. All the files are not playing. I am getting "stream not found", "io error " for some of the streams.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Play your file stream using http://osmf.org/dev/1.6-sprint-3/StrobeMediaPlayback.html?src="<put your stream url>". And see if you see any issues in playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amit,

I tried to playback my file as you suggested

1. I tried to playback the file before publishing it. Player gave 2032 errror which was expected.

2. I started publishing the my file then the player started saying "stream not found null" for 9-10 minutes.

3. I was still publishing the video content. After 9-10 minutes the player started playing the contet that i was publishing.

4. Same thing was happening with OSMF player also.

One more thing is once the player starts playing the video content for a stream name, then the player never gives any error even i stop and start the publishing the video content.

For Ex: I pubished video with stream name "rtmp_video_1". Above steps 1,2 and 3 happened. Then i stopped publishing. After some 2-3 minutes again i started publishing with same stream name  "rtmp_video_1". The player didn't give any error and started playing immediately.

What i am thinking is that, FMS is taking some time (9-10 minutes) to make a stream available for video players to play. I have read some where that, when a player requests for a partucular stream with its stream name, the FMS does stream name to index conversion. When this conversion fails its sends error message to the player and player throws the error messages at the user. I don't know what is going wrong. Is something wrong with the way in which  i am publishing the video or something is wrong with the FMS? Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Vishwanath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines