Skip navigation
Imene SAID-KOUIDRI
Currently Being Moderated

Templates for photographer

Apr 1, 2011 10:31 AM

I am a bit lost here and I would appreciate any help.

I am a photographer and I would like to be able to design my own cards, albums templates.

Which software would allow me to do that? Any classes you would recommend or books.

Thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2012 7:08 AM   in reply to Imene SAID-KOUIDRI

I would start with Bridge as a sharing platform along with Photoshop and illustrator if I am not missunderstanding you by "templates".  Also read the tutorials within the site.  Hope that helps a little.

Spam removed by Moderator

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2011 9:14 PM   in reply to Imene SAID-KOUIDRI

Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are all capable of creating templates. However I find InDesign a bit easier and flexible for creating templates especially with anything that is multi-page. It may be in your best interest to get the suite for designing/printing as it includes all three and is cheaper than buying all three seperately. And yes it includes bridge which will help in organizing your files on the drive.

Hopefully this helps...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2011 7:11 PM   in reply to Imene SAID-KOUIDRI

I rely on Adobe InDesign for all of the layout, and then Photoshop for all Image editing.

The one exception to that is with printable DVD's, CD's and BD's, where I use the Epson software for the final printing, and light layout, from Images done in Photoshop.

With a page layout program, like InDesign, you can set up your business cards (say the Avery sheets, with clean-cuts - do not have the product # handy), your letterhead, your envelopes and any number of other material. I find it more powerful, for such layout applications, than just pure Photoshop, though ALL images go though that. For my logo work, I always start in Adobe Illustrator, and work in Vector Art, before Raterizing in PS.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points