Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Content Viewer for Iphone?

Jul 5, 2011 8:32 AM

Sorry for a so basic question... but do anyone know if the "Adobe Content Viewer" for Iphone exists?

I mean is it possible to watch the .folio files created for Ipad also on the Iphone?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 5, 2011 3:41 PM   in reply to Pierluis

There is no Content viewer for iphone/ipod touch as of yet.  It was dicussed in the Pre-release to expand the solution to Iphone/ipod touch along with desktop and webviewers.  I have no idea if it is still on the roadmap.. but last i heard it was.

There are a few things to consider when trying to do this.. especially when your taking something you developed for a 10in screen and dimming it down for a 3.5-4 inch screen.  In the past people usually go the other way .. where they make their iphone application first.. and then expand its capabilities and UI space on the ipad.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2011 2:51 AM   in reply to Pierluis

there were a few (un)official hints that it is in the roadmap. funny enough,

the new apple newsstand shows TheNewYorker on the iPhone in presentation

screenshots.

but that might more be lazy slip by graphics department of apple.

—Johannes

(mobil gesendet)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2011 8:46 AM   in reply to Pierluis

Did I understand correct, that dts don't works for iPhone? that would be a bad information, because the publisher I work for, is more interested on iPhone ...
    In germany there are not enough  ipad user to generate any business with ePublishing yet ... it is more like a hobby, playing for future.

without iPhone Solution i don't need to suggest the dts - he would laugh at me ...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2011 11:40 AM   in reply to ralf juengling

@ralf.  That is correct --at this time DPS isn't ported for the Iphone/Ipod touch.  Its worth mentioning that none of the major players in Digital publishing solutions have hinted compadibility with Iphone/Ipod touch.. the top priority and main focus for all of them have been Tablet devices.  It not as simple as srinking the content down to fit a smaller screen...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2011 6:29 AM   in reply to Pierluis

But Adobe will do it for iPhone and others?
    I thought, it can't be a big Problem because it is the same system software and the size is only a difference for the designer like different size iPad and android ...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2011 12:34 PM   in reply to ralf juengling

The user experience would have to be different.  You wouldn't be able to do certain things like scrub articles and view decent sized TOC if the current applications were just ported out to iphone.

I would image they would want a different UX with something like .. when you click the TOC it utilizes the entire screen for you to scrub and then hides again once you find an article.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2011 12:57 PM   in reply to David Ben

i did never think, the folio only change in size. I'm agree with you that an ePublishing on iPhone is complete different to iPad.

but I want to by able to produce an folio for iPhone too.
    if I can't do it with Adobe dts we would need a second and complete different solution for them. this is not practical for us.
    if we have to go another way for smaller devices we would go the other way for the iPad too. but I like the adobe way

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2011 1:05 PM   in reply to ralf juengling

Like i said none of the major players (that i can think of) have produced any method of taking tablet publications and porting them to iphone/ipod touch... so it is not just Adobe.  And like i said Adobe did say its on the roadmap just depends on how far down the road it is.. which i dont know.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 6:32 AM   in reply to Pierluis

Hi,

I remind everyone that you can download for android and iphone AdobeViewer should only enter the store for each platform.

Greetings!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points