Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

estimate date for Flash Player 11 public release?

Mar 29, 2011 9:16 AM

Could someone of the staff give us an estimate date for a non-beta flash player that includes Molehill? I'd love to start making games with it, but I'm afraid we'll see a FP11 non-incubator release only in mid 2012 or something.
At least molehill-wise and on PC the platform seems quite stable and usable so I really hope for a release during 2011, can someone disclose if it's something plausible? Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2011 12:25 PM   in reply to EcIipse

Officially we are shooting for a Q2 2011 release of Flash Player 11.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2011 5:14 PM   in reply to EcIipse

2 days left in Q2. How's it looking for a release date now?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2011 12:01 AM   in reply to Charbs09

Dear Adobe employee,

We are in Q2. When are you going to release Flash Player 11 exactly?

At the end of this month(june) ?

Q2 is going to end.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2011 8:16 AM   in reply to Homayoon K.Zand

My two cents:

We have waited for 10 years for this.  During this time the Flash platform has built a reputation for stability and superior cross-platform support. Don't rush it out and tarnish that reputation.  Get it right.  If need be, curtail the shader API to the point that everything works and let the developer community adjust.

The console game has always been about expanding capabilities over mulit-year timeframes. Don't feel the need to provide every single feature right out of the gate. Start small and solid, and build.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2011 3:35 PM   in reply to EcIipse

What will we need to target FP11 from the flash IDE?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2011 6:33 AM   in reply to EcIipse

It would be perfect to know the release date. I'm working at a project and now it is frozen because we don't know when the official release of FP11 is available.

Please inform us about the estamate date of the public release.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2011 9:27 AM   in reply to EcIipse

I was under the impression that these Incubator builds are not considered beta, and that when we experiment with them, it must be with the understanding that we won't know any time frames or even IF the included features will eventually make it into a shipping product. Personally, I really like that Adobe is now giving us earlier, pre-beta previews of what they're working on, and I'd hate to see pressure put on them by developers that would make them rethink this new strategy.

Molehill will doubtlessly need to go through a good amount of public beta testing before release, and right now we haven't even reached that beta - so I'm guessing we're more than 1 or 2 months from release. I'm half expecting there to be a somewhat different set of features in the beta than what we currently have in the Incubator build.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2011 10:39 PM   in reply to Charbs09

I think maybe remove "

Answered " from this topic

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status