• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't "Save As" PDFX4 2008

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2011 Jul 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I Save As and choose PDFX4, it appears to making a PDF for about 8 minutes, then the placeholder file on my desktop just disappears, and nothing happens. Nothing created, and no error message.

Any ideas on what could be wrong? Saving as High Quality or Smallest File Size creates PDFs just fine.

THX,

Ian

PS. FYI, I'm on Windows 7, FM 9, 4 GB Ram.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF-X4 is a format used by other Adobe software that creates PDF files without going through Distiller. The pdf is created through a special PDF-Library that Adobe has created. X4-allows for many things like transparencies that Distiller does not. Since Distiller does not create X4-pdf files, neither does FrameMaker, because it still uses Distiller to make pdf files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Confirming Michael's response on behalf of Adobe.

PDF/X-4 is an ISO standard supporting live transparency and color management, neither of which are attributes or features of FrameMaker.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines