Skip navigation
deanwenick
Currently Being Moderated

Differences in DNG?

Jul 12, 2011 9:49 AM

Hi all -

I have several different cameras and have to use different versions of DNG converter due to added/dropped support. That's all fine.

My question is why Lightroom will read all the DNGs regardless of original camera and Photoshop/Bridge will not.

Specifically DNG files made from the 'RAW' files of a Kodak;DCS14n and Panasonic G2.

Photoshop and Bridge look at these DNGs and say "not a supported image type" Again, Lightroom has no problem.

I have tried running the DNGs back through the DNG converter and no luck.

I've tried two systems:

iMac G5

CS2

and

Intel MacBook

CS4

LR 3

DNG Converter 5.7, 6.3 and 6.4

Any tips?

Thanks,

Dean

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 13, 2011 10:20 AM   in reply to deanwenick

I find it strange that you are having to use different versions of the DNG converter.  The latest version of that program will support all cameras that are supported by Lightroom/Camera Raw.  The only thing you might have to adjust is the compatibility option.  DNG files should be compatible with any version of Camera Raw from version 2.4 onward.  Download the latest version of the DNG converter and experiment with the compatibility option.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 16, 2011 9:07 AM   in reply to deanwenick

Have you tried trashing both your Photoshop and Bridge preferences? I'd also try purging the Bridge cache. If Lightroom can open the files it really sounds like an issue with Photoshop/Camera Raw/Bridge. As a last resort a full reinstall might be needed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points