• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing option of Search this forum

Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2011 Jul 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There used to be a Search this forum button in the Illustrator forum, but now it has disappeared altogether.

While it was still there, some of us had hopes of its beginning to work again, some day, maybe.

But now it is gone.

What about other forums?

Any hopes left?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall to have seen any such button in the forums I frequent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, that is not a "global" option for the forums, it is something that the individual forum moderator must activate 

Since the global search has been broken for so long... recently fixed according to another message I read... it may be that the individual mod has not put the "this forum" search back in place... or, the global fix MAY preclude a "this forum" search

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

As a volunteer forum moderator I had installed the wonderful "Search This Forum" in the forums I assist with moderating. I recently removed all mine as well. As I understood it, this function broke and wasn't likely to be fixed anytime soon. So I removed mine because there were so many reports of it not working.

Hopefully Adobe will be upgrading the forums software this summer and we will have improved search capabilities.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Hopefully Adobe will be upgrading the forums software this summer

#05 here http://forums.adobe.com/thread/865474?tstart=0

#02 here http://forums.adobe.com/thread/862372?tstart=0

#19 here http://forums.adobe.com/thread/851578?tstart=0

All indicate a forum upgrade "sometime" this year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

When those "Search This/These Forum(s)" was active, they were added by the various MOD's, like John T. mentions.

Then, Search broke again, and now I do not see them in the forums, that I frequent.

Do not know if they will be implemented, but would assume that they will be at the discretition of the various MOD's.

Good luck to us all,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the forums are updated that widget shouldn't be necessary. The newer version of the forum software lets you select to search all or search the current space and below.

Where the widget would be nice is in places where you want to search 2 or 3 different spaces that are not related hierarchically. So, a moderator could set one up to search both Photoshop and Camera Raw or some combination like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2011 Jul 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that update on the update - hm-m-m, say that ten times quickly.

Looking forward to Search working better.

I was just invited to take a survey on the Adobe Forums (Adobe sponsored, but 3rd pary survey firm), and Search was one of the topics with 2 - 3 questions.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John.

And I shall not ask the obvious question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>obvious question

Grin... I think we would ALL like to know the answer(s) to when and which version of Jive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure John is very reluctant to state a vague time. Factors beyond his control change the date and end up making him look the fool. And nobody enjoys looking the fool!

Personally, I'm just happy to know it is planned this summer...

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can give you the version number, 4.5.6.1. But not the date. I had originally expected it to be in place in July, but now that we're almost half-way through, I'm re-setting my expectations for September.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be great... just in time for all the new college students who are using Adobe products for the first time in their Freshman design classes 

Does that upgrade to 4.5.6.1 price include automatic Jive updates within the 4x version... or is the Jive code customized for Adobe so updates are too difficult to just apply as received from Jive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if that date holds, it will happen about the release of Premiere Elements 10.

Should be plenty of opportunities to test the update.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea whether there will be continuity with the massive post database that has been accumulated?

I note that a LOT of people find posts here via Google.  I hope the URLs aren't going to change!

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't imagine any reason they would change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't imagine any reason they would change

Great news.

Some of us "old timers" recall several times, when the older posts got dumped.

There was the aborted forum software issue - forget the dates, where much was lost. Some was saved to an archive, but the thread titles were all gone, so one only had page after page of "Post 15059686776," followed by "Post 15059686777," and so on. After a false start, the old forum was reinstated, but with the loss of the older posts.

Then, there was Jive.

Seems that I am missing a big dump of older posts, and someone will refresh my memory.

Anyway, a lot of us rely on those older posts, even when a product's version number has moved up a few notches.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines