• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Baffling Bullets

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having bullet issues. I'm using a style called BulletList on some text. It looks fine in the RoboHelp application. It looks fine when I generate a chm file. But when I generate WebHelp, the bullet itself has moved to the right and appears superimposed over the second or third character of the text line.

Here's part of my CSS file:

}
p.BulletList {
margin-left: -20px;
margin-top: -1pt;
margin-bottom: 6pt;
list-style: url(bullet_graygreen_square.gif);
mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1;
}
LI.p-BulletList {
}
LI.kadov-P-CBulletList {
list-style: square;

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, I'm using RoboHelp 9.0.1.232.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your paragraph is indented 20 pixels to the left. You list element itself (that holds the bullet) is not indented. Try the following:

p.BulletList {

margin-top: -1pt;

margin-bottom: 6pt;

}

LI.p-BulletList {

margin-left: -20px;

}

This indents the entire list 20 pixels to the right. This should work for CHM and WebHelp alike.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam,

Thank you! That fixed it. Thanks for explaining as well. I see a few other styles in my CSS that have the same problem.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Just post back if you encounter any other problems.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue.  However, I don't know what style is used.  It's a project I inherited and up to this point haven't had to work with css files.  Where do I locate the css file used for the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have a CSS associated with topics (right-click on the Topic and check its Properties to see that CSS) or have 1 CSS applied to all topics when the help is created (check the SSL recipe in that scenario)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the SSL receipe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - Single Source Layouts - it's a pod you can turn on in your View - it will list all the types of output (WebHelp, FlashHelp, AIR Help, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I successfully changed the settings for each topic that had the bullet list and it's now displaying correctly in the output.  Thanks a million!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp