Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

pre-populate data and current date only when it routes to that person

Former Community Member

Hi,

Can  any one please advise how to pre-populate the manager's name when it routes to the manager but not when the user fills the form.

Example: user fills the form and submit it to the manager, the process has the query to look up for the manager to route it to him for approve/deny. How can I have the manager's name to pre-populate so he/she does not have to type their name and current date to approve/deny the form.

Thanks in advance,

Han Dao

6 Replies

Former Community Member

You would have to push the Manager values into the data file and merge that data file back onto the template.

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

Can you please explain a little more on doing it in workbench ES version.

Thanks,

Han

Former Community Member

I assume that you are submitting XML data from the form and combining it with an XDP template using the defaut renderer with each user step. Th einbound data ends up in an XML variable that you have created. I assume that you are using another service (DB lookup or LDAP lookup) to retrieve the manager information. Then you woudl use a setValue operation to push the value of the manager name into the appropriate node in the XML. Now that the XML has been adjusted, when it is combined with the template the data fills out the appropriate Manager information that you passed along.

Make sense?

Paul

Former Community Member

I am using the Web Service that query from a DB to retrieve manager info. Then I try the SetValues to push the value name to the form but I think I miss something or did not do it right that causes it to not pre-populate into the form when it routes to the manager but I can see the manager info when I playback the recording.

Former Community Member

Are you getting the Manager values into the data stream correctly? If so then it has to be a binding issue.

Another thing you can do ...save the data from the form after the Manager info has been inserted....is it in the data file?

Paul

Former Community Member

Paul,

If I have the codes to execute the WS at the initialize event then it does populate the manager info when the user fills the form but when I try to move the code to the pre-submit event which try to execute WS when it route to the manager. I know I did not do it right but have no idea how to make it work.

Is there a way to execute the WS when it routes to the next person rather than when the user fills the form?

Thanks,

Han