• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I get "failed to initialize" when I try to download Adobe Flash

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I un-  installed my previous version because I was having trouble loading farmville. I used the adobe uninstaller not remove programs. I can't reinstall the latest version in either Firefox or explorer. I have windows XP. I downloaded the Adobe support and it found nothing wrong. Help please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 16, 2011 Jul 16, 2011

It looks like the Firefox plugin is not installed.  Try, once again, the MSI installer.

If you get any errors, please quote the exact messages you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get this message during the download, or when you run the installer?

Try downloading the installers from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get failed to initialize during installation. That has been the site I have been using. Thank you for the reply. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to this site also and downloaded both installers and I still get the failed to initialize error. I am using windows 7 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ido. I guess it must be an Adobe problem if I'm not alone. I hope someone fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP! Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the name of the installer you downloaded?  What is the size of the installer?

The size should be

• install_flash_player_10.exe: 2.94 MB (3,085,984 bytes)
  • install_flash_player_10_active_x.exe: 2.97 MB (3,124,384 bytes)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is 713KB

install_flashplayer10_chrd_aih.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rikoshaprl wrote:

it is 713KB

install_flashplayer10_chrd_aih.exe

Sorry, I have no idea what that is; where did you get that from?

Can you try to download the MSI installer(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched the exe file you said and downloaded it on gearhead.com  It downloaded and installed, but only works on explorer, not firefox.

The 713 kb file is the adobe flash most current download:

adobe.com/support/flash/downloads.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Geardownload.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to Geardownload.com and found a download for non explorer. I tried it on Farmville. It started but crashed. Now I am back to where the problem started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The site given in reply number 1 is a 713kb size file too even though it is mssd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand any of this - I don't know what install_flashplayer10_chrd_aih.exe is; I don't know what Geardownload.com is; I don't know what mssd is...

I suggest that you do a clean uninstall (using http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html), then download and run the two installers from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2011 Jul 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help and patience Pat. I did what you recommended. The download link on the upper right hand corner of the site faile to initialize. The other links in the chart for windows all downloaded and installed, no problem. Firefox only recognized the EXE installer for plugins. But it still crashed when I tried to play farmville. I uninstalled, then downloaded each installer, them rebooted before trying to play. I appeciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Flash Player is now installed for both Firefox and IE?

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash10u.ocx

Flash util10u_activex

Flash util10u_activex.dll

two text documents 101KB and 19KB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the Firefox plugin is not installed.  Try, once again, the MSI installer.

If you get any errors, please quote the exact messages you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2011 Jul 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the Flash plugin in the system 32 file and Farmville loaded! Thanks much Pat, you did it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a similar issue; I just downloaded the latest version for Adobe 19.0.0.226 for mac and the file size is only 713 KB, with date created 10/15/15 and date modified 10/19/15. It downloaded perfectly fine but the file size isn't correct, and I'm wondering why it was modified at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines