Skip navigation
William Marchetto
Currently Being Moderated

What's new in BlazeDS 4 ?

Jun 17, 2010 7:53 AM

I read about the confluence of BlazeDS and LiveCycle DS in matter of documentation, doc is no longer separate for the two products.

At the same time, I was informed that LiveCycle DS is far richer than BlazeDS, the first has a lot of functionalities without match, but (so I understood) is a fee-paying product.

So, here are my questions (they are quite simple, but I wasn't able to find clear and concise answers):

1) does LiveCycle DS require a particular server configuration, or can I install it simply as BlazeDS on Tomcat ?

2) I need only communication between Flex SWF clients and remote objects or web services, so I think BlazeDS is sufficient and I don't need LiveCycle DS because it doesn't offer me any real advantage (I'm not interested in PDF creation, RTMP, batch transactions and edge server). Is it correct ?

3) what are the main differences, if any, between BlazeDS 4 and BlazeDS 3 ?

If someone could give me a link to information about these matters, I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers,

William

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2011 2:59 PM   in reply to William Marchetto

Hi William,

Did you ever get any answers with respect to what's different in BlazeDS4 vs 3?  I'm curious myself as we are are currently planning / budgeting for a possible overall upgrade to our stack.

Thanks,

Deeanna

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2011 2:37 PM   in reply to deeanna.harrington

I can answer #3. The only differences are bug fixes. There doesn't seem to be any warrent to call it v4.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points