Expand my Community achievements bar.

Looking for xfa.signature.sign/verify example with all parameters used

Level 2

Hello all,

I'm trying to extract information from a data signature to copy into another field.

I can access the data signatures in the document through the enumerate method:
var oSigs = xfa.signature.enumerate();
var iNum = oSigs.length;

for (var i=0; i < iNum; i++)
{
     var oChild = oSigs.item(i);

// Display dialog box.
     var iVerify = xfa.signature.verify(oChild,"1");

xfa.host.messageBox("Validity of signature integer value: " +
iVerify);

}

What I'd really like to do is specify an output SignatureInfo object in the "sign" operation so that I can extract the common name of the signer, date, certificate, etc.... through the signatureInfo() method.

Syntax is:

Reference_Syntax.sign( OBJECT param1, STRING param2, STRING param3 [, STRING param4 [, BOOLEAN param5 [, OBJECT param6 [, OBJECT
param7 ] ] ] ] )  where param7 "Represents an output SignatureInfo object containing the writable properties of the signature."

(From http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/001413.html#10...)

I have not found an example that includes any of the optional parameters.

Can anyone help with this?

Eanass

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Eanass

I have created a simple sample that shows how to get the signatureInfo object (using JavaScript on an XFA based PDF form)

Sample script is as follows...

// Get particular info
    var Info = event.target.getField("form1[0].Page1[0].SignatureField1[0]").signatureInfo()

// Some standard signatureInfo properties

app.alert("name = " + Info.name);
    app.alert("reason = " + Info.reason);
    app.alert("date = " + Info.date);

// Get the certificate; first (and only) one
    var certificate = Info.certificates[0];  

// Common name of the signer
    app.alert("Signer Common Name = " +  certificate.subjectCN);  

I have also attached the sample file.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Level 2

Thanks Steve but unfortunately my problem is still unresolved.

I'm trying to extract signature information from a data signature present in the document.

The reason I'm not using a signature field for signing is because the user is then prompted to save the file (locally). I need to replicate the behavior of signing a form in LC ES2 Workspace.

For this reason then, signing is implemented by a regular button, labelled "Sign & Submit", which triggers the click event of a "Submit" button (with sign submission) turned on.

When one opens the signed PDF, the data signatures are visible by opening Reader's Signature Panel,  however no signature-like object appears in the body of the document.

xfa.signature.verify has a 4th parameter that, according to the documentation is "an output signatureInfo object containing the writable properties of the signature".  http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/000976.html#1058250

verify.jpg

If I can properly specify param4 thereby creating a corresponding signatureInfo object on the fly, then I can use the signatureInfo methods you referenced in your code sample.

Is this the correct approach? I do not have access to the LC Digital Signatures component.

Thanks.

Eanass

Former Community Member

I'm continuing to investigate... hopefully I'll have something soon.

Regards

Steve

Former Community Member

I am waiting on confirmation, but it appears that the ability to create a SignatureInfo object (for an XML data signature) when using the "sign" method with the optional parameter is broken.

Regards

Steve