Skip navigation
k3dj
Currently Being Moderated

video reset to start point - after page transition

Mar 8, 2011 11:01 AM

I am looking for a way to ensure that a flash video resets to the start after a page transistion. At the moment the video just starts at the place it ended after the initial page view. I found some info in the FAQ which enabkes the reset for Components but not for Flash Video elements.

Anyone know how ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2011 12:09 PM   in reply to k3dj

What you need to do is add some additional interactions to your project. On the element that causes you to leave the state with the video, use the Interactions Panel to add an additional On Click interaction. Then pick the Stop Video choice, then select your video.

Then what you need to do is on the component that returns you to the state with the video, is add an interaction  to Play Video. Even though the video is not in the state, you can select it from the drop down list. This should cause the video to restart.

Hope this helps,

Chris Griffith

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2011 7:35 AM   in reply to k3dj

Video needs to be in FLV or F4V format. If you have the video embedded in a swf, Flash Catalyst will not see it as a video, but just as a swf.

Does that help?

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2011 8:51 AM   in reply to k3dj

Were did the video come from originally? I suspect, it was imported into SWF using Flash Professional. It is that original file you need to bring into Flash Catalyst.

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2011 8:21 AM   in reply to k3dj

That is the golden nugget! That is not a 'video' but just a SWF animation.

So you will need to use the Actions to control the playback of the animation. I have attached a simple example that you can look at probably easier than trying to read a 'what to do' post.

Chris

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points