Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Multiple INDeisgn coververion to Acrobat

Jul 21, 2011 8:43 AM

I have 21 letters that are done in InDesign (CS4) that are all pretty much the same with different content. My goal is getting them all into PDF formatt and then creating the fillable address, date etc in Acrobat.

I called all of them up at once by accidnet and now I can't remember how I did it or what I did but the end result was all 21 files as a single PDF wiht pretyt much one click of the mouse!

I can't rememebr if I exported out all 21 single files from InDesign (each file is seperate for internal reasons) to combne them into on big PDF in Acrobat (where I then place the same fields on all pages automatically) or if I imported all 21 files at once  into Acrobat. Confused yet?

Basically I am trying to avoid opening each of teh 21 files seperatly and making the fillable PDF's individually. Eespecially when I know I somehow did this as a 21 file chunk before...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 21, 2011 9:27 AM   in reply to Brenda VT Labor

You could make a book, add all 21 individual ID docs at once, then export from book file to make one PDF with 21 pages.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2011 11:29 AM   in reply to Brenda VT Labor

To create a book, File > New > Book (third one down). Once book is created, select the flyout from panel and select Add Document... Browse to location of your letters and select.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2011 11:40 AM   in reply to Brenda VT Labor

You might have been able to select them all at once, right click therm and choose convert to Acrobat PDF.  Other wise google for Peter Kahrel batch convert and download that script.

Any adding of form fields has to be done in Acrobat though, your "memory" of doing that in InDesign or upon export is impossible.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points