Expand my Community achievements bar.

Including global libraries in application shell?

Former Community Member

I'd like to bake Parsley into the shell application so messages don't always have to hit the server.  How do I get in there to do that?

7 Replies

Level 8

If you are talking about messages used for inter-tile communications - they don't go back to the server.  Messages and attributes are handled at the client and do not perform a server round trip.

Former Community Member

How do I create a Parsley context in the shell application?

Level 1

What is your pre-release email address? I have some contacts that I

can reach out to.

John Blayter

Land line: 303.731.3009

Mobile: 303.325.1979

Level 8

The following is just my 2 cents, for what that's worth.  I don't pretend to speak for all of Adobe in this respect.

My approach to building composite applications is to think about each micro app (tile) as a separate entity rather than to think of the application (shell application) as a whole.

For example, If I have an application that consists of a list of customers, their profiles and their current open cases; I would build it as three separate apps.  Yes those apps need to communicate. But, if you do the communication through the Mosaic framework, then they can be independent of each other and thus they are more apt to be reusable (for example the list of customers may be used for reporting in another application).

With regard to using Parsley to create tiles -  My opinion is that it is a bit redundant, especially in light of the upcoming release of Mosaic-next - the Composite Application Framework (CAF).   When I look at what Parsley gives me, I think of messaging, injection and object abstraction.  I can use the CAF context binding, Gravity and service objects to get the same thing.

Level 1

The pre-release is on invitation only. Ping me and provide email addresses,

company and role information.

Juergen

Juergen Hauser  |  Senior Product Manager ­ Adobe Digital Enterprise

Platform | juergen.hauser at adobe.com

Former Community Member

Tentatively agreed on the necessity of a framework on top, that's obvious.  My original, incorrect assumption that messenging required a round trip drove the decision to seek a solution that accommodated Parsley.

That said, I can only speculate until granted access to the prerelease program