Skip navigation
joe05xlc
Currently Being Moderated

Updating AIR client

Jun 21, 2011 12:15 PM

Okay so I'm trying to log into Viewer Builder and I get this message below. So now I'm trying to update my AIR client to Viewer Builder v1.3 and not having any luck. I've downloaded the updated patch for Folio Producer  v1.1 and thought it would automatically update my AIR client but not the case. It only gives me View Builder v1.1.

What am I missing?

Picture 15b.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 6, 2011 5:26 PM   in reply to joe05xlc

I'm having the exact same problem. Can't log on to the Folio Builder either. Any help from Adobe would be welcomed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2011 6:30 PM   in reply to joe05xlc

Did you access your viewer builder from the DPS dashboard? And do you have the latest version of AIR installed? there was an update on July

1st for version 2.7.019530

Side not folio producer tools are at version 1.1.1

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2011 11:14 AM   in reply to joe05xlc

We are currently having this same problem with our viewer builder. The login and password is correct and we have installed the latest version of Viewer builder and AIR from the pre release site but still getting this error. This has never happened before with our Adobe ID and we were wondering what the problem might be. any feedback would be greatly appreciated

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2011 1:12 PM   in reply to eminkadi

adobe is looking in to the issue. Response will come as we get info.

John

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2011 7:54 PM   in reply to joe05xlc

We are awaiting a new build of viewer builder to address the can not log in issue with a valid user name and password. In the mean time.....

The latest viewer builder client needs to be installed when you get the message like joe05xlc got. You need to delete the existing VB client from your machine, flush your browser cache, log in to the digital publishing portal and download the latest client. Install on your machine.

If you get the "can not log in" error running this new client....follow the reset password wokflow, click on the link sent to your email, set a new password. You should then be able to use this new password to log in to viewer builder...

John

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2011 12:43 PM   in reply to John J Metzger

John,

I"ve done all of your suggestions, plus a few more from another forum answer, and I'm still getting the same message.

Are you aware that this problem is still out there? and, can you tell me what else I might do?

thanks--

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points