Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarking error after failing quiz.

Aug 31, 2010 Aug 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a fairly complex Captivate 5 project that seems to have developed a problem with bookmarking in the LMS. When a user fails the quiz, they see the standard failure slide with a "retake lesson" button. If the user leaves the lesson here and comes back, the bookmark functionality works perfectly. If they click retake lesson, then exit on that slide they cannot re-enter the course (it merely says it is loading and does nothing).

My project is set up as follows:

- Intro slides

- "jump" slide

- Failure explanation slide, which then jumps back to the intro

- "fake question" (used as a hook for the automatic "retake" button), jumps back to the failure explanation slide

- Survey questions

- Quiz questions

- Failure/Success slide; either jumps back to "fake question" (failure) or continues to next slide (pass)

- Conclusion slides

Perhaps the problem lies with the instant jump from the "fake question" to the "failure explanation" slide?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues... [see: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/871480]

Our course becomes stuck on a loading page if the user had previously failed the course, begun to re-take, and exited the course mid-way through their attempt. Bookmarking works fine if user hasn't failed the quiz yet.

If the user fails the quiz at the end they are shown the "re-take" button. If they "re-take" the quiz, but deiced to close the course at after a few slides, when they attempt to re-launch the course they will be taken to never-ending "loading" screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the Adobe experts took my original course, and exported in Captivate 5.5, and this seems to fix the issue. Unfortunately this seems to be the ONLY way to fix the issue, but we are just glad this upgrade resolves the error, and that it's not something wrong with our LMS. We have about 15days left on our free 30day trial of version 5.5, then we plan to upgrade for $149. I suggest you do the same to see if that resolves your issues/errors. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2011 Dec 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi Yamaha, did you ever fix issue?  pls see my response above if that helps.

not sure known bug is fixed with 5.5 upgrade; other users have reported the bug in 5.5: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3235859#3235859

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Can you share your project with us ? If yes then please upload the course to acrobat.com and share the download link.

Write to me at ashwin at adobe dot com

Thanks,

Ashwin Bharghav B

Adobe Captivate Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2011 Dec 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't know if you are still experiencing issue... have you tried disabling the bookmarking functionality?

(my specs: Captivate 5.0.3.631, SCORM 1.2, Template: SendTrackingDataAtEnd)

Go to Preferences > Quiz > Reporting > LMS Customization Settings > Never Send Resume Data:

ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 28 14.25.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources