• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with flash player since updated to Mac OS X Lion

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2011 Jul 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is adobe going to fix the update for the new Mac OS X Lion?  I have updated my Mac with the new software now my flash player will not work properly. I have uninstalled then reinstalled several times to no avail.  Could someone help me with this issue???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here

I don't know what to do

Youtube or webchats don't work anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm sorry you're running into issues with Lion and Flash Player.  Can you give me a bit more detail about what's happening?  Any screenshots you could provide would also be helpful.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2011 Jul 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I have downloaded and installed Flash player several times.  Any web site that requires Flash player will not work.  I don't know what to do??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The flash player folder is not even showing up in my application folder, as if I have not even downloaded.  

Thanks for your assistance.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browneyedgirl01 wrote:

The flash player folder is not even showing up in my application folder, as if I have not even downloaded. 

Thanks for your assistance. 

Can you check the folder: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins to see if you have a file named "Flash Player.plugin" present?  If it exists, and you're using Safari, please go into Safari preferences and verify that on the Security tab, the "Enable Plug-ins" checkbox is checked.

In addition, it might be worth while to run through this KB doc if you haven't already:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/908/cpsid_90893.html

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot of what I'm faced with when I try to use youtube/webchat, etc....

I've tried to toggle through the buttons using tab but I can't select allow with the space bar or return key so I'm stuck with this settings box and with no control over youtube...very frustrating.

Please help!!!

Screen Shot 2011-08-10 at 3.55.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zok161,

The latest version of Flash Player (released yesterday) should fix this bug.  Can you try updating and let us know how it works?

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2011 Aug 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

I updated and so far it seems to be OK working both in Safari and Firefox. Have not yet discovered any problem.

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I downloaded and installed the latest version and I now have control back ! If I come across any other issues, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the help,

Zok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update guys!  Glad to hear its working, sorry we had to go through all that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2012 Feb 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not.... I get to be dissapionted in Adobe. Fight your fight with Apple and not with the costumer please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I am having all the same exact issues that zok161 was having , youtube/webchat, etc... I am having zero success in resolving the issues. Any assistance to resolve these matters would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a example that I have been dealing with. Doing the short cut through system prefrences and selecting allow does not work very often for me and after 3 plus months Im beyond frustrated.

Screen Shot 2012-02-16 at 10.21.23 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you.  We know this is still a problem with certain iMac models and we're working with Apple to resolve it as soon as possible.

As for the storage dialog that keeps appearing, you should also be able to get around this by setting "Allow sites to save information on this computer" in your Flash Player control panel in System Preferences.  With this set, do you still get this dialog appearing?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris ,

I have done this, but have had very limited success. I have allowed sites to save info on this computer, and even entered the site specifically and selected "Allow" for that site , and still the settings window is unresponsive and must close down the window because it freezes. Same exact thing happens in cam to cam chat rooms.

Thank you for your time,

ohbigo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohbigo,

Did any of the steps in this FAQ help?

Working around the 10.7 Lion Flash Player settings bug

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some success on certain videos, still zero luck with cam to cam site. I just tried iauchat.com since they had a fix for the Mac bug issues, but it did not work either:( Next.....? Here is a screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the screenshot didn't come through.

With the camera issue, do you see iauchat.com listed in the "Camera and Microphone Settings by Site" dialog?  Are you specifying "Allow" and it's ignoring your choice?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct sir is still ignores even though I have it in the settings and selected Allow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is another example....It remains frozen and unresponsive the moment I try to activate my cam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohbigo,

Could you contact me at ccampbel@adobe.com?  I'd like to setup a time with you to do a desktop sharing session so I can see what's going on with your system.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2011 Aug 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's August already and Adobe has not fixed the glitches with it's Flash Player to be compatible with Mac's Lion OS.  I recently downloaded Lion and now when I try to use the Flash Player in various chat rooms that I ALWAYS used it in.....the Flash Player box does not even accept my clicks to do things like permit the website to use my camera, change my camera, etc. etc.  In fact, I can't even close the box but have to exit the website completely.  ADOBE - PLEASE FIX THESE PROBLEMS THAT I AND MANY OTHER'S WHO ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS CAN GO BACK TO USING OUR FLASH PLAYERS WITH OUR LION OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the issues with Lion, I know they can be very frustrating (I have 2 10.7 workstations that I use daily.)  For what it's worth, we've fixed the "settings" bug and if all goes to plan we will release a new version of the player on Tuesday, August 9th.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Chris for addressing my issue and in such a timely manner.  I look forward to the new version.  Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines