• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 10 and Save as PDF

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2011 Jul 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does it take so long to produce a PDF when you use Save as PDF? I was running prior, FrameMaker 8 and on XP platform. I still use XP, but it takes a long time before the PDF is produced. Is there a patch/update/something that will speed this performance?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never noticed (don't really use Save as PDF); have you noticed a difference between that and Print to AdobePDF printer instance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it seems to have similar performance issues. Hmmm! Print to file and running distiller also seems the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MRDAKOTA

I am using FM9 and have the same issue with PDF's. Below is a link to another thread about the same problem.

Nothing actually worked for me...but thought you might want to read through it.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/757124

ls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2011 Jul 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading through all of the threads, it seems I am on my own and will have to try some of  the tips provided. Funny how after upgrading to Frame10 I now have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 28, 2011 Jul 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're still running XP, have you installed the Micrsoft Hotfix that's required for all PostScript printers? Details should be all over the site in other messages, or it pops in Google pretty readily.

As a couple other people have already implied, using SaveAs isn't generally considered a "FM Best Practice."

Also, to cut to the chase, more RAM and making sure you have a healthy amount of free hard disk space for temp files is likely to give you the biggest boost in time savings if you want/need to continue using SaveAs....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2011 Jul 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MS site where the hotfix is located provides a strong warning about applying any hotfix to your system. How can I be sure this is one thing I should do for this slow print problem? I run XP/SP3, have 3.25 GB of Ram and use the new tech comm suite 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2011 Jul 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was a little leary of the hotfix too, but downloaded it anyway. It didn't fix anything, but I couldn't see that

it hurt anything else either.

When I have a large book....I just have to wait...go for a walk...lol...

ls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines