• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem installing Flash Player 10.3

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to install Adobe Flash Player 10.3, which is apparently the latest version.  When I go to YouTube, there is now a message at the top of the YouTube website that states you must have Adobe Flash Player 10.3 to watch any videos.  So I tried to install Adobe Flash Player 10.3, but I get the following error message --

Please close the following programs to continue.

brccmctl

Internet Explorer

brccmctl appears to be the program running the Adobe Flash Player 10.3 installer.  If I close brccmctl, the installer window disappears.  I'm using Windows XP, which is supposed to compatible with 10.3.  My browser is Internet Explorer 8.0.  I've also tried turning Norton Antivirus on and off, but that has no effect on this problem. 

I have no idea what to do to get around this problem, help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 27, 2011 Jul 27, 2011

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

On Internet Explorer, Tools, add-ons, do you have Shockwave Flash Object, and is it enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I was wrong about "brccmctl" -- it's a process that runs my Brother printer.  I should have researched this before I posted.

I was able to successfully install Flash Player 10.3 -- a message appeared in my Internet browser stating that it was successfully installed.  However, when I go to YouTube, I still get a message stating that I need to upgrade my Flash Player.  So now I'm really confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2011 Jul 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello jnhutchi3

Settings:

By chance try this out....Go to the screen left click and under setting/display/-Enable hardware acceleration/Privacy/-deny/Local storage/-100KB/record volume/-somewhere in the middle works/Camera/-Not sure if you have one?

Global Settings:

Click start/ control panel/ Flash Player Icon/Local Storage Settings/-Allow sites to save information on this computer/Camera and Mic/-Ask me when a site wants to use the camera or microphone (Recommended)/ Playback/-Ask me when a site want to use a peer-assisted networking/ Advanced/-Check for updates automatically (Recommended).

then re-boot and hopefully everything will work.

Best Regards

RTremblay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

non comnent

Envoyé depuis un mobile Samsung

"Gone Fishing ;)" <forums@adobe.com> a écrit :

>

>Hello http://forums.adobe.com/people/jnhutchi3

>Settings:

By chance try this out....Go to the screen left click and under setting/display/-Enable hardware acceleration/Privacy/-deny/Local storage/-100KB/record volume/-somewhere in the middle works/Camera/-Not sure if you have one?

>

>Global Settings:

>

>Click start/ control panel/ Flash Player Icon/Local Storage Settings/-Allow sites to save information on this computer/Camera and Mic/-Ask me when a site wants to use the camera or microphone (Recommended)/ Playback/-Ask me when a site want to use a peer-assisted networking/ Advanced/-Check for updates automatically (Recommended).

>

>then re-boot and hopefully everything will work.

>

>Best Regards

>RTremblay

>

>

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Flash Player icon in my control panel.  You must have a different operating system than me, I'm using Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

On Internet Explorer, Tools, add-ons, do you have Shockwave Flash Object, and is it enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2011 Jul 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the problem -- Shockwave Flash Object was disabled.  I don't know how that happened.  Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Left click on what screen?  On YouTube?  I've left-clicked and right-clicked on YouTube and I don't have a Setting option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2011 Aug 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having same problem with error bccrmctl

, and cannot get Flash 10.3 to load!!!!

Running windows 7 on a 64 bit computer,

any suugestions or help????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines