Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

OSX Lion and Dreamweaver CS5.5 Crashes

Jul 26, 2011 7:16 PM

I´ve reasently updated to OSX Lion with Creative Suite 5.5 and besides not being able to use flash catalyst or flash builder, dreamweaver cs5.5 crashes every 5 minutos and the last time i´ve just wasnt able to fully open it and then it crash again, it must be around 5 minutos, working with a single css file about 150 kb, crashin  i don´t kno 15 or 16 times.

so...

anybody else?

anything to say?

any solution?

greetings

The Crash report is This

http://cl.ly/3K3G0z3G081x2x2Y461p

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 27, 2011 4:37 PM   in reply to ignacio galdames

Same problem here, DW CS 5.5 working just fine before the OS X 10.7 (Lion) update, I'm in the middle of the development of an important web site and I just can't rely on an application that crashes every 5 minutes, any patch, trick, workaround or solution would be very much appreciated...

Hector Porras

MacBook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), using a 32" SONY bravia LCD screen as extended desktop (just in case)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2011 5:59 PM   in reply to IdeaWorkshop.mx

I'm running CS5.5 on Lion without any issues so far.  What are you doing when it crashes?  Have you tried disabling extensions?  Was this an upgrade to Lion or a new Mac with a fresh Lion install?  Any more details you can provide would be helpful to see if I can reproduce as well.

My specs are: MBP (mid-2009) 2.8Ghz, 4GB ram.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2011 8:51 PM   in reply to SnakEyez02

Hello:

I'll try to explain my situation according to your questions:

1.- When it opens and just before it crashes, I start organizing the windows into my two screens, other times crashes when I finish doing that and start working with the HTML and CSS3 file parameters, but generally just launches and suddenly crashes, very frustrating in deed...

2.- I don't think I'm working with extensions at all, if I do, I dont't know which ones I'm using neither know how to disable them... As a matter of fact, I can't even get to work with the widget browser 'cause Adobe AIR won't let me install it...

3.- Lion was an upgrade from the latest version of Snow Leopard, the Lion installer was downloaded directly from the App store...

I was working well with Dreamweaver CS 5.5 before installing Lion (Just with the widget browser issue, but everything else was stable and functional) Now, I'm affraid to use DW 'cause it "sounds" (you can hear the inminent crash by the sound of the hard disk) unstable every time I even try to use it to work on my web site project...

I've been reaserching on the web and it seems that Lion's developers changed the structure of the main Library and this DW bug has something to do with the runtime of Java that uses to work with, it seems that it's not where it supposed to be when it first was developed...

I hope this info helps to figure something out...

Thanks in advance

Hector Porras

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2011 4:32 AM   in reply to IdeaWorkshop.mx

Unfortunately I don't have a second monitor to test your exact scenario but there are plenty of Mac users here who should be able to test out the second monitor scenario.  With that one I would recommend posting a bug report to Adobe:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

However, the other you mention a sound?  Can you describe the sound?  Also go to Disk Utility in the Utilities folder and click on Verify Disk (Not Permissions).  This will check for any hardware related issues on your computer. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2011 5:04 AM   in reply to ignacio galdames

So far, DW hasn't crashed on me as described here.

I only have one monitor.

I am experiencing some anomalies with workspace panels/windows not redrawing properly when switching Spaces (another thread in this forum)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2011 9:58 AM   in reply to SnakEyez02

Hello:

I just report the bug to Adobe, described like this:

1. Launch the application.
    2. Start working with HTML or CSS3 parameters, switch to preview screen.
    3. Application unexpectedly crashes.
    Results: Application quits.
    Expected results: Stability and reliability to be able to keep working with my web site project.

Already tried uninstalling the application and reinstalling it with no success...

I mention a "sound" that my HD produces just when the "beach ball" appears and quits the application, it seems like Dreamweaver is trying to look for some instruction and it doesn't find it, that should be the reason for the so called "sound".

I'm about to use Disk Utility again to verify my HD, I checked recently, but another check wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'll post my results when I finish doing that.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2011 4:37 PM   in reply to IdeaWorkshop.mx

Same here...

Constant crashes today and I do have two monitors.

But it's worked fine over the past days since the upgrade to Lion.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2011 4:44 PM   in reply to SteveGuluk

Restarted with one monitor and same thing.

Instance crash on opening DW.

Process:         Dreamweaver [262]
    Path:            /Volumes/VOLUME/Apps2011/*/Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5.app/Contents/MacOS/Dreamweaver
    Identifier:      com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5
    Version:         11.5.1.5344 (11.5.1)
    Code Type:       X86 (Native)
    Parent Process:  launchd [172]

Date/Time:       2011-07-28 16:41:36.949 -0700
    OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.7 (11A511)
    Report Version:  9

Interval Since Last Report:          523644 sec
    Crashes Since Last Report:           14
    Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  223263 sec
    Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   14
    Anonymous UUID:                      9E5EF1C0-93C9-4B35-87B3-CAC3B83E4608

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000f0000004

VM Regions Near 0xf0000004:
        CG shared images       00000000cbff7000-00000000cc217000 [ 2176K] r--/r-- SM=SHM 
    -->
        Submap                 00000000ffff0000-00000000ffff2000          r-x/r-x process-only submap

Application Specific Information:
    objc[262]: garbage collection is OFF

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    0   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x00df2b6a CWnd::WinIsWindowVisible() const + 10
    1   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x006c682a PIViewText::UpdateSelection(PISelection*) + 6642
    2   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x00c6d098 PIFloaterMfc::UpdateSelection(RunCaret&) + 654
    3   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x00c6d48e PIFloaterMfc::OnSelectionChange(unsigned long, ITitanSelection*) + 828
    4   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000de8ac TitanSelectionManager::NotifyUsers(unsigned long) + 726
    5   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000dec59 TitanSelectionManager::SyncSelectionUsers(bool) + 371
    6   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000ddd29 TitanSelectionManager::SyncSelectionUsers() + 25
    7   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000dddf3 ITitanSelectionManager::StSelectionSyncDeferrer::ResumeSelectionNotif ications() + 59
    8   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000abd52 TitanDocTemplate::OpenDocumentFile(unsigned short const*, CString, int, InitialDocFlag, unsigned long) + 6078
    9   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000bf6ae TitanFrameManager::CreateFrame(CString const&, CString const&, InitialDocFlag, unsigned long) + 210
    10  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000bf87c TitanFrameManager::CreateFrame(CString const&, DocumentType::BaseType, unsigned long) + 72
    11  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000ceb81 TitanFrame::DoOpenFile(CString const&, unsigned long) + 873
    12  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x0006f3ed TitanApp::OpenDocumentFile(unsigned short const*) + 171
    13  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000716ee TitanApp::OpenOrBringToTopDocumentFile(unsigned short const*) + 688
    14  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x0094aea9 BBEditOps::AppleEventHandler_kAEOpenDocuments(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*, long) + 997
    15  com.apple.AE                      0x99751f1d aeDispatchAppleEvent(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*, unsigned long, unsigned char*) + 202
    16  com.apple.AE                      0x9973ba4b _ZL25dispatchEventAndSendReplyPK6AEDescPS_ + 43
    17  com.apple.AE                      0x9973b938 aeProcessAppleEvent + 253
    18  com.apple.HIToolbox               0x9227af72 AEProcessAppleEvent + 103
    19  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x0006f287 TitanApp::InitInstance() + 1177
    20  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x00de71ae CRealApp::Initialize() + 782
    21  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x00de73ac CRealApp::Run() + 156
    22  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x00db75a3 main + 339
    23  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x00003026 start + 54

Thread 1:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.libdispatch-manager
    0   libsystem_kernel.dylib            0x9448a90a kevent + 10
    1   libdispatch.dylib                 0x94f85ccc _dispatch_mgr_invoke + 969
    2   libdispatch.dylib                 0x94f8471b _dispatch_mgr_thread + 53

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2011 5:13 PM   in reply to ignacio galdames

Mine started crashing when trying to copy from text from the source window. But now crashes as it sees the prior open page which opens on it's own.

I'm not too keen on prior pages opening on thier own and have disabled this in the Finder under System Prefs / General /  "Restore windows when quiting and re-opening apps"

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2011 9:57 AM   in reply to ignacio galdames

My DreamWeaver crashes every time I try to do something with my Template: Create Template, Add Editable Region ect.

Any Ideas. I already trashed my Prefs-files. It did not help...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2011 10:14 AM   in reply to naswaldo

I have a working system today. Looking forward to Adobe and Apple getting together and fixing things so us users can get back to work (sounds like the democrates and republicans current standoff).

I am only running one of my monitors and had to put back (from backup) the MacFileCache.dat file I deleted.

Sorry I do not have more to report but this is what is working for me today.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2011 10:19 AM   in reply to naswaldo

I made new user and tested DreamWeaver. Everything worked fine, so user prefs had to be the reason.

I deleted every file and folder that had adobe in my ~/Library/Preferences -folder.

Now everything works fine, altough everything is on default also.. Small price to pay.

Cool software to find files in Library-folders is: Find Any File from Mac AppStore...

Hope this helps others.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2011 7:45 PM   in reply to ignacio galdames

Hi.

Didn't update to CS 5.5 yet but having the same issue with Dreamweaver CS5 in my MacBook and MacBook Pro after upgrade them to Mac OS X Lion, Dreamweaver CS5 just do not start , so I deleted the file called 'com.adobe.Dreamweaver.11.plist' located in 'Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences' and IT WORKS! Dreamweaver works fine in both computers, no crashes, fully functional...until now.

Thanks to naswaldo

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2011 6:02 AM   in reply to HCS11

Hello,

I have CS5 as well and after recent update DW,  if I play Quick time or adding Quick time movie in the working page, DW Crash.

I have no idea, any help appreciative.  Thanks.

Fumio

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2011 10:57 AM   in reply to ignacio galdames

Hello everybody:

Well, this is starting to be an embarrasing issue for me, as it should be for Adobe developers... It seems like there were no testing of Adobe's software in Lion at all, or at least, there wasn't a LOUD warning from Adobe's to Mac OS X users about the major issues of most of the programs they have in the market, shame on you...

Already tried all of the suggestions posted in this forum thread with no luck, tried disabling the "Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps" on the personal section of the preferences panel, tried deleting ALL the preferences with the word "adobe" inside the system and user libraries, tried intstalling and reinstalling  Java SE 6 version 1.6.0_26. OS X Lion, and even uninstalled the whole application and reinstall it from scratch... and guess what?

NONE OF THE ABOVE WORKED...

I definitively think that the application should be re-writed, but when? Only God knows, 'cause it seems to me that Adobe has lost its interest in the Apple market, I've been reading articles 'bout a war going on between Apple and Adobe, involving themes like Flash lack of support from Apple's side, everybody knows that, but here's something to think about: Why should user's like you and me should be left behind in the aftermath of this conflict?

Time to move on, we should use this thread to suggest OTHER options of applications for web developing, any ideas?

My best regards to all of you...

Hector Porras

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2011 12:17 PM   in reply to IdeaWorkshop.mx

There are other issues with Lion. I can't mount my high speed Compact Flash cards but the old slower ones work. The SanDisk Extreme and Firewire reader fail and prompt a restart while working just fine prior to the Lion upgrade and still working fine on other Snow Lepard installations.

Hopefully there is an update that fixes all these problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2011 5:05 AM   in reply to ignacio galdames

I agree with everything but this: " you cant do any adobe flash in Lion".

I just opened Flash (Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5), loaded one of their examples, changed the publish settings, published, and viewed the result (HTML + SWF), and it seemed to work.

I don't use Flash Builder or Catalyst, so they may be the main sources of difficulty, I don't know.

Regardless, the biggest problem IMO, is Adobe's policy of not working on previous versions combined with the high price of upgrades.

Something like Lion comes along, and if older versions of Flash or Dreamweaver have problems with it, too bad. Adobe will not go back and work on those older versions regardless of how 'stuck' the developers become. You have to upgrade to the latest to get a working version, but their upgrades are very expensive.

What may very well happen is regardless of how difficult the problems may be with the current versions of Adobe's applications, they won't fix them now, but insist that we wait for and PAY for the next version (CS6?) to get things working.

Given their track record, and statements like this: "Adobe does not intend to update this product for use on Mac OS X 10.7.", I have little hope that even the current versions of applications with problems will be worked on for Lion compatibility. You'll probably have to wait to buy the update for the next version.

Coda certainly seems worth looking into.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2011 3:44 AM   in reply to ignacio galdames

You need to delete files in your home directorys preferences ~/Library/Preferences

~ means home dir. So this is how the path usually looks like: "Macintosh HD/Users/username/Library/Preferences"

How to open the dir:

Select in Finder Menu: Go->Go to Folder and write there ~/Library/Preferences and Finder will open the correct folder for you.

The ~ (tilde) is essential part of the address. Without the tilde you will open the Library in your System Disk. That folder does not contain user Preferences.

In fact the library in homedir is hidden now in Lion. The Go menu is probaply the easiest way to get there.

And in the ~/Library/Preferences -folder delete all adobe -containing files and folders.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2011 9:22 AM   in reply to naswaldo

Thanks for your suggestion.  I did exactly you mentioned and deleated all adobe preference.

My specific problem is Quicktime movies do not work, then I tested but it still does not work?

It crush.

fumio

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2011 3:41 AM   in reply to Fumio Sawa

If you can share site details, html files with a definite step to crash, the team will be better able to investigate the multiple issues reported here.

There are multiple reports of crashes in Live View, CSS editing and other random unknown crashes.

I would request you all to share the files/crash logs for further investigations. Also please keep submitting the crsh logs via Adobe Crash Reporter which pops up after the app has crashed.

The crash reports sumitted to us will help us analyse the reports from different users.

All the files shared by you will be kept strictly confidential.

..Sarthak

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2011 6:41 AM   in reply to Sarthak Singhal

I had to remove/disconnect one of my monitors so now use one rather than two to be able to use DW 5.5 and Lion.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2011 10:04 AM   in reply to ignacio galdames

In case it helps narrow down the problem, I'm not experienceing the crashes described, I have problems with DW redrawing the workspace when switching Spaces.

Here's my setup:

Mac Pro

Early 2009

Processor  2 x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory  16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB

Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1 (11B26)

DW is version 11.5, build 5344.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2011 10:16 AM   in reply to mmasquith

Anyone have dual monitors in a working (crash free) environment?

I sure would like my second 27led Apple monitor back.

FYI my system is an Early 2008

2 X 2.8 Quad Core Xeon

10gig memory

ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

Lion 10.7.1

Adobe Master Suite 5.5

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2011 10:52 AM   in reply to mmasquith

Forgot to specify:

Single monitor: 

Apple Cinema Display 30-inch DVI‬ (2560 x 1600)

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2011 8:59 AM   in reply to Sarthak Singhal

Hi Sarthak,

Subject: Quick time

I could work around to avoid DW crush not using property (plugin) Green Play button.  Viewing previewing browser working fine.

Thanks.

Fumio

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2011 7:26 AM   in reply to naswaldo

Mac OS 10.7.1

Dreamweaver 11.5.1.5344

Attempted deletion of Adobe preference files in ~/Library/Preferences, still crashes.

Only way I can get DW to launch w/out crashing is to delete the files in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2011 7:37 AM   in reply to clif.hirtle

Usually deletion of the "MacFileCache.dat" file helps clear out problems and then recreates it's self. That did not work in my test (woudl not recreate it'self after deletion) so I had to reinsert the file from backup to get DW to work.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2011 7:41 AM   in reply to clif.hirtle

Clarification...

• Only way I can get DW to launch w/out crashing is to delete the files in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Specific folder is actually the DW subfolder within the above general Adobe directory. The following is the folder that I delete and am able to relaunch DW on:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS5.5

I should also mention that problems appear to emerge when editing specific sites, ones that do not currently have the remote username/password entered, which (after editing to include) Dreamweaver then crashes out consistently (until I once again delete the folder above).

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 12:39 AM   in reply to ignacio galdames

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Mac OS 10.7.1, Dreamweaver 5.5, even tried reinstalling the OS and CS, to no avail.
    Tried the cache folder, reinstalling multiple times, removing this and that, all the things mentioned on this thread.

Still getting crashes every 10 minutes with seemingly no specific cause.
    I can be editing a bit of CSS, or html, inserting a tag, switching to live view - crash crash crash.

Dreamweaver just hangs or closes completely.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2011 5:54 AM   in reply to andyweaveswebs

I have not been able to find a solution yet to the Dreamweaver crashes, but Adobe is working to solve the problem.  I've had about ten phone calls with them, and every time I get moved up the chain.  The last rep was on my computer and took my crash logs and system report.  They seem to think that the Dreamweaver issue is being caused by Flash Pro. 

I will post their findings once I have them. 

I'm using Adobe CS5.5 Web Pro with Mac 10.7.1 Lion.  My issue is when I try to use "Live View" or "Inspect" Dreamweaver crashes.  The problem is intermittent, and I can't seem to pinpoint an exact cause.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points