• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OSX Lion and Dreamweaver CS5.5 Crashes

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve reasently updated to OSX Lion with Creative Suite 5.5 and besides not being able to use flash catalyst or flash builder, dreamweaver cs5.5 crashes every 5 minutos and the last time i´ve just wasnt able to fully open it and then it crash again, it must be around 5 minutos, working with a single css file about 150 kb, crashin  i don´t kno 15 or 16 times.

so...

anybody else?

anything to say?

any solution?

greetings

The Crash report is This

http://cl.ly/3K3G0z3G081x2x2Y461p

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

You need to delete files in your home directorys preferences ~/Library/Preferences

~ means home dir. So this is how the path usually looks like: "Macintosh HD/Users/username/Library/Preferences"

How to open the dir:

Select in Finder Menu: Go->Go to Folder and write there ~/Library/Preferences and Finder will open the correct folder for you.

The ~ (tilde) is essential part of the address. Without the tilde you will open the Library in your System Disk. That folder does not contain user Preferences.

In

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2011 Jul 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, DW CS 5.5 working just fine before the OS X 10.7 (Lion) update, I'm in the middle of the development of an important web site and I just can't rely on an application that crashes every 5 minutes, any patch, trick, workaround or solution would be very much appreciated...

Hector Porras

MacBook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), using a 32" SONY bravia LCD screen as extended desktop (just in case)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running CS5.5 on Lion without any issues so far.  What are you doing when it crashes?  Have you tried disabling extensions?  Was this an upgrade to Lion or a new Mac with a fresh Lion install?  Any more details you can provide would be helpful to see if I can reproduce as well.

My specs are: MBP (mid-2009) 2.8Ghz, 4GB ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I'll try to explain my situation according to your questions:

1.- When it opens and just before it crashes, I start organizing the windows into my two screens, other times crashes when I finish doing that and start working with the HTML and CSS3 file parameters, but generally just launches and suddenly crashes, very frustrating in deed...

2.- I don't think I'm working with extensions at all, if I do, I dont't know which ones I'm using neither know how to disable them... As a matter of fact, I can't even get to work with the widget browser 'cause Adobe AIR won't let me install it...

3.- Lion was an upgrade from the latest version of Snow Leopard, the Lion installer was downloaded directly from the App store...

I was working well with Dreamweaver CS 5.5 before installing Lion (Just with the widget browser issue, but everything else was stable and functional) Now, I'm affraid to use DW 'cause it "sounds" (you can hear the inminent crash by the sound of the hard disk) unstable every time I even try to use it to work on my web site project...

I've been reaserching on the web and it seems that Lion's developers changed the structure of the main Library and this DW bug has something to do with the runtime of Java that uses to work with, it seems that it's not where it supposed to be when it first was developed...

I hope this info helps to figure something out...

Thanks in advance

Hector Porras

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2011 Jul 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don't have a second monitor to test your exact scenario but there are plenty of Mac users here who should be able to test out the second monitor scenario.  With that one I would recommend posting a bug report to Adobe:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

However, the other you mention a sound?  Can you describe the sound?  Also go to Disk Utility in the Utilities folder and click on Verify Disk (Not Permissions).  This will check for any hardware related issues on your computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I just report the bug to Adobe, described like this:

1. Launch the application.
2. Start working with HTML or CSS3 parameters, switch to preview screen.
3. Application unexpectedly crashes.
Results: Application quits.
Expected results: Stability and reliability to be able to keep working with my web site project.

Already tried uninstalling the application and reinstalling it with no success...

I mention a "sound" that my HD produces just when the "beach ball" appears and quits the application, it seems like Dreamweaver is trying to look for some instruction and it doesn't find it, that should be the reason for the so called "sound".

I'm about to use Disk Utility again to verify my HD, I checked recently, but another check wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'll post my results when I finish doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...

Constant crashes today and I do have two monitors.

But it's worked fine over the past days since the upgrade to Lion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarted with one monitor and same thing.

Instance crash on opening DW.

Process:         Dreamweaver [262]
Path:            /Volumes/VOLUME/Apps2011/*/Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5.app/Contents/MacOS/Dreamweaver
Identifier:      com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5
Version:         11.5.1.5344 (11.5.1)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [172]

Date/Time:       2011-07-28 16:41:36.949 -0700
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.7 (11A511)
Report Version:  9

Interval Since Last Report:          523644 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           14
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  223263 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   14
Anonymous UUID:                      9E5EF1C0-93C9-4B35-87B3-CAC3B83E4608

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000f0000004

VM Regions Near 0xf0000004:
    CG shared images       00000000cbff7000-00000000cc217000 [ 2176K] r--/r-- SM=SHM 
-->
    Submap                 00000000ffff0000-00000000ffff2000          r-x/r-x process-only submap

Application Specific Information:
objc[262]: garbage collection is OFF

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x00df2b6a CWnd::WinIsWindowVisible() const + 10
1   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x006c682a PIViewText::UpdateSelection(PISelection*) + 6642
2   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x00c6d098 PIFloaterMfc::UpdateSelection(RunCaret&) + 654
3   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x00c6d48e PIFloaterMfc::OnSelectionChange(unsigned long, ITitanSelection*) + 828
4   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000de8ac TitanSelectionManager::NotifyUsers(unsigned long) + 726
5   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000dec59 TitanSelectionManager::SyncSelectionUsers(bool) + 371
6   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000ddd29 TitanSelectionManager::SyncSelectionUsers() + 25
7   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000dddf3 ITitanSelectionManager::StSelectionSyncDeferrer::ResumeSelectionNotifications() + 59
8   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000abd52 TitanDocTemplate::OpenDocumentFile(unsigned short const*, CString, int, InitialDocFlag, unsigned long) + 6078
9   com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000bf6ae TitanFrameManager::CreateFrame(CString const&, CString const&, InitialDocFlag, unsigned long) + 210
10  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000bf87c TitanFrameManager::CreateFrame(CString const&, DocumentType::BaseType, unsigned long) + 72
11  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000ceb81 TitanFrame::DoOpenFile(CString const&, unsigned long) + 873
12  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x0006f3ed TitanApp::OpenDocumentFile(unsigned short const*) + 171
13  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x000716ee TitanApp::OpenOrBringToTopDocumentFile(unsigned short const*) + 688
14  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x0094aea9 BBEditOps::AppleEventHandler_kAEOpenDocuments(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*, long) + 997
15  com.apple.AE                      0x99751f1d aeDispatchAppleEvent(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*, unsigned long, unsigned char*) + 202
16  com.apple.AE                      0x9973ba4b _ZL25dispatchEventAndSendReplyPK6AEDescPS_ + 43
17  com.apple.AE                      0x9973b938 aeProcessAppleEvent + 253
18  com.apple.HIToolbox               0x9227af72 AEProcessAppleEvent + 103
19  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x0006f287 TitanApp::InitInstance() + 1177
20  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x00de71ae CRealApp::Initialize() + 782
21  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x00de73ac CRealApp::Run() + 156
22  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x00db75a3 main + 339
23  com.adobe.dreamweaver-11.5        0x00003026 start + 54

Thread 1:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.libdispatch-manager
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib            0x9448a90a kevent + 10
1   libdispatch.dylib                 0x94f85ccc _dispatch_mgr_invoke + 969
2   libdispatch.dylib                 0x94f8471b _dispatch_mgr_thread + 53

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, the same thing. i did an update but now i have done a fresh cs5.5 install, maybe tomorrow i´ll test it in a more deeper way.

what i do when in crashes is open a css file and nothing more or work on a php file in live view, or work in live view in the css panel, or just simple open dw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine started crashing when trying to copy from text from the source window. But now crashes as it sees the prior open page which opens on it's own.

I'm not too keen on prior pages opening on thier own and have disabled this in the Finder under System Prefs / General /  "Restore windows when quiting and re-opening apps"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, DW hasn't crashed on me as described here.

I only have one monitor.

I am experiencing some anomalies with workspace panels/windows not redrawing properly when switching Spaces (another thread in this forum)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2011 Jul 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My DreamWeaver crashes every time I try to do something with my Template: Create Template, Add Editable Region ect.

Any Ideas. I already trashed my Prefs-files. It did not help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a working system today. Looking forward to Adobe and Apple getting together and fixing things so us users can get back to work (sounds like the democrates and republicans current standoff).

I am only running one of my monitors and had to put back (from backup) the MacFileCache.dat file I deleted.

Sorry I do not have more to report but this is what is working for me today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made new user and tested DreamWeaver. Everything worked fine, so user prefs had to be the reason.

I deleted every file and folder that had adobe in my ~/Library/Preferences -folder.

Now everything works fine, altough everything is on default also.. Small price to pay.

Cool software to find files in Library-folders is: Find Any File from Mac AppStore...

Hope this helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didnt work to delete all the adobe prefs in library/preferences and since yesterday i cant paste  anything and o get this:

Sin-título.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to delete files in your home directorys preferences ~/Library/Preferences

~ means home dir. So this is how the path usually looks like: "Macintosh HD/Users/username/Library/Preferences"

How to open the dir:

Select in Finder Menu: Go->Go to Folder and write there ~/Library/Preferences and Finder will open the correct folder for you.

The ~ (tilde) is essential part of the address. Without the tilde you will open the Library in your System Disk. That folder does not contain user Preferences.

In fact the library in homedir is hidden now in Lion. The Go menu is probaply the easiest way to get there.

And in the ~/Library/Preferences -folder delete all adobe -containing files and folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2011 Aug 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it work for 2 doays, despite the fact that i have to re enter my serial

Sin título.jpg

i think that this is the solution, but it works for to little. and if Adobe® doesn´t fix it, it would be a shame for alal the loyal costumers.

and for everyone in a startup who buys a new mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2011 Aug 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion.  I did exactly you mentioned and deleated all adobe preference.

My specific problem is Quicktime movies do not work, then I tested but it still does not work?

It crush.

fumio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2011 Aug 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can share site details, html files with a definite step to crash, the team will be better able to investigate the multiple issues reported here.

There are multiple reports of crashes in Live View, CSS editing and other random unknown crashes.

I would request you all to share the files/crash logs for further investigations. Also please keep submitting the crsh logs via Adobe Crash Reporter which pops up after the app has crashed.

The crash reports sumitted to us will help us analyse the reports from different users.

All the files shared by you will be kept strictly confidential.

..Sarthak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually i have to back to Snow Leopard to use Dreamweaver. I´ve been subimutted every crash logs, most of them in live view, but a lot of them just out of nothign.

i did a blank installation of Lion and everything was fine for a time, but a few time working in css or even just opening with no othre app running it crashed.

Thak you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to remove/disconnect one of my monitors so now use one rather than two to be able to use DW 5.5 and Lion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2011 Sep 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarthak,

Subject: Quick time

I could work around to avoid DW crush not using property (plugin) Green Play button.  Viewing previewing browser working fine.

Thanks.

Fumio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.7.1

Dreamweaver 11.5.1.5344

Attempted deletion of Adobe preference files in ~/Library/Preferences, still crashes.

Only way I can get DW to launch w/out crashing is to delete the files in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually deletion of the "MacFileCache.dat" file helps clear out problems and then recreates it's self. That did not work in my test (woudl not recreate it'self after deletion) so I had to reinsert the file from backup to get DW to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clarification...

• Only way I can get DW to launch w/out crashing is to delete the files in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Specific folder is actually the DW subfolder within the above general Adobe directory. The following is the folder that I delete and am able to relaunch DW on:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS5.5

I should also mention that problems appear to emerge when editing specific sites, ones that do not currently have the remote username/password entered, which (after editing to include) Dreamweaver then crashes out consistently (until I once again delete the folder above).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines