Skip navigation
B_Louck
Currently Being Moderated

html file won't view in content viewer.

Jul 26, 2011 2:23 PM

I used the Wallaby Contraption per Johannes Henseler's instructions to create an html5 animated headline. The html that Wallaby created from the .fla file works great in a browser. So I linked to the html file in inDesign's "Web Content" overlay creator, but in the Content Viewer the animation doesn't show. Does Content Viewer not support html animations or is there a tip that I'm not doing?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 29, 2011 10:02 AM   in reply to B_Louck

I'm a little confused.

As far as I can see, the Content Viewer is only available on iOS and Android.

But you seem to be saying that things look correct on iOS but not on Mac/OSX. I don't see there being a Content Viewer for Mac/OSX. Maybe you mean the display within InDesign when you refer to Mac?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 2, 2011 6:32 AM   in reply to B_Louck

Thanks for the clarifications.

I've discussed this with the Content Viewer team and understand the problem you are seeing.

On iOS the Content Viewer using the underlying webkit implementation in Safari which includes SVG support. On win/mac, the Content Viewer uses the same webkit implementation that is in AIR. That webkit implementation has SVG support disabled because that isn't a feature that has been used by Adobe customers. Now with Wallaby using SVG, it becomes more important for at least some Adobe tools to support SVG in webkit.

We are discussing this with the Content Viewer team and hope to have SVG support added in the future.

Unfortunately until then you will have to deal with only having useful display of Wallaby content in the iOS/Android Content Viewer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points