Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Error Message:  (1074724867:3)

Jul 28, 2011 2:33 PM

I am using Adobe Reader 10.1.0 on  Windows Vista:  I receive the above error message whenever I try to open attachments of PDF documents from my email, or even when I am at a site that I need to open a PDF from.  This problem was occuring for a while, so I tried reloading Adobe Reader, deleting it first. The new downloads were never completed until, just recently, through the Forum, I was able to download it successfully.  Still, this error message is still occuring?  Does anyone have any idea how to correct it so I can download attachments?   Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 29, 2011 8:04 PM   in reply to Babs19981943

How do you read your email - through an email client, or your browser?

If the former - what is your email client?

If the latter - see posts 5 / 6 in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/792560

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2011 6:54 PM   in reply to Babs19981943

Can you anyway try to change the setting as suggested in post #6 in the above topic?  (Outlook may use parts of IE when displaying HTML content.)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2011 10:19 PM   in reply to Babs19981943

Sorry that you are still experiencing problems.

I do no longer have Outlook here at home, so I cannot perform any tests.  However, I will try tomorrow at the office, where I have Outlook 2003.

What Outlook version are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2011 9:40 PM   in reply to Babs19981943

I just tested with Outlook 2003, and I don't get any errors.

Do you know, is this error issued by Outlook or Adobe Reader?  I was just wondering if it was worthwhile also to ask in the Outlook forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2011 6:14 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

As the OP stated she also has the problem when opening a PDF from a link on a web page. It has nothing specifically to do with Outlook.

I also have this problem with the same error message and code although sometimes the error code is 523:523. This problem only just seems to have arisen. PDF shortcuts on my desktop still work ok. Any help would be appreciaated.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2011 3:16 PM   in reply to Babs19981943

Continued struggle w/ download PDFs:

CONTINUING ERROR ISSUES: 8/7/2011:

In an effort to correct the Error Msg (1074724867:3) I attempted to repair Adobe by going to Programs, clicking on Adobe X, clicking on Help, Repair Adobe, Reader Installation, then following those instructions; even trying different paths (none worked).  So what happens, I get an error message 1706. No valid source could be found for product Adobe Reader X(10.1.0).  The Windows Installer cannot continue!   That apparently means the Adobe download is not correct.  Where can I go now? 

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2011 6:14 PM   in reply to Babs19431998

Can you uninstall Adobe Reader from the Control Panel, or do you get the same error?

If so, use the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to remove the corrupted Reader installation.  It is no longer supported by Microsoft, but you can download it from 3rd-party sources like http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4459

After that, install Adobe Reader again; download it from http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2011 1:40 AM   in reply to Babs19981943

You need the agreement only if you want to distribute the Reader; you can download it without the agreement if you just use it for yourself.

The reason why I pointed you to that download pages is that the installer there will not use the download manager, and will not be bundled with any additional software.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 12:06 AM   in reply to Babs19981943

Hey guys all I did was turn off the user account control (running win 7 vista probly the same) and all was good no more error message and adobe work like normal. Mark sure you restart the comp after changing the user account control setting  Good luck hope it helps

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2012 1:21 AM   in reply to Babs19981943

Try cleaning/uninstalling any Reader installations and reinstall it from the link http://get.adobe.com/reader/

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2012 9:24 PM   in reply to Babs19981943

I found this to be VERY helpful because i could NOT open any PDF file either... I hope it helps until they fix the issue!!!

Please read...

Apr 11, 2011 7:08 PM:
    "... Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 was released after development for Adobe Reader X was complete. While we made every effort to anticipate the way the final release version of IE9 would behave, our PDF viewer plugin is not yet compatible with IE9. This is being worked on by our engineering department. In the interim, when trying to open a PDF file from the browser, save it locally to your computer and open it directly in Adobe Reader.

Moving forward, please continue to install updates to Adobe Reader X as they become available. When this issue has been resolved, it will be pushed via an update.

Thank you,

David

Acrobat Community Manager

Adobe Systems"

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers