Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

command prompt window script to automatically run adobe media encoder

Jul 31, 2011 6:34 PM

Does anyone know of a way to run adobe media encoder from the command prompt or batch file?

I would like to automatically invoke a script, much the way I do for Adobe After Effects.

(I do not mean batch encode from the software.)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2011 7:19 PM   in reply to dtsquick

This sort of thing is quite easy to accomplish in Windows using Notepad and the keyword Start.

You would type something like

start amencoder.exe (although I don't know the exact full path and exact name of Adobe Media encoder).

Save your text from above into notepad as a .bat file .

I'm not sure how this would be done in Mac but I'm sure there are similar options using the Terminal.

Why do you need to do this when you have an icon that can be double-clicked to invoke the program, by the way?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2011 12:23 AM   in reply to dtsquick

I understand now.

I only found this reference when I did a quick search on the web:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashMediaEncoder/2.5/help.html?content=ge t_started_11.html

It mentions using XML as profiles so it's probably able to use settings that are configurable in XML and piped into the command line set.  I'm not sure if this is a universally applicable entry (meaning that it runs the same on both Windows and Mac and all you need to do is plug in the path in either case relative to the OS).  Try it out and report back with your results.  I don't have anything to render/convert at the moment so I can't try it out for you.

Best,

-markerline

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2011 12:26 AM   in reply to markerline

sometimes you can type the name of the command in DOS with a following "/?" to get more information about the command as a help doc pops up. (if 'help' "program name" doesn't work).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points