Skip navigation
RennaraS3
Currently Being Moderated

A plugin for dds files Photoshop Elements 9

Aug 4, 2011 11:58 AM

I don't know if this is the right place to ask....but who would develop a plugin in for dds files for Photoshop 9? There is a big demand from what I've seen on google.  I just bought ps9 and was disappointed to find out that this newest version doesn't open these image files.  I've been a customer of photshop since it first came out.  I'd like to put a bug in someone's ear but don't know where to start.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 3, 2011 2:50 PM   in reply to RennaraS3

Do you mean photoshop elements 9?

MTSTUNER

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2011 3:06 PM   in reply to RennaraS3

Welcome to the forum.

It appears that there is a DDS plug-in for nVidia video cards for Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended. Which video card do you have? I do not know this site, so cannot vouch for it. If you have the right nVidia video card, and PS Extended, scan any download carefully, before installing: http://paulus1ittechician.blogspot.com/2011/02/dds-plugin-for-photosho p-with-nvidia.html

I am unsure of which version of PS you have, and wonder, as does MTSTUNER, whether you mean Photoshop Elements 9 (totally different program, than PS, or PS Extended, which is at version 9).

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2011 10:10 PM   in reply to RennaraS3

These plugins from Nvidia should work in pse9 (download the 32 bit version)

with some limitations, so read the included pdf files.

The only part you might have trouble with is using the installer and since the machine

i have with pse 9 also has a version of photoshop, i can't tell you whether the installer

will work or not.

http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

MTSTUNER

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points