Expand my Community achievements bar.

Check box to change charge rates.

Level 1

Basically I am trying to implement javascript or formcalc to perform the following function...

When you check the highcost_Yes check box the value in field charge1 changes to 10, with no check in the highcost_Yes field the value of charge1 should be 8.

I have the default value for the charge1 field set to 8 as well if that may be causing me issues.

check box highcost_Yes (values set to 1 or 0)

This is the javascript snippit I tried:

if (highcost_Yes ==1)

{

charge1 == 10

}else{

charge1 == 8

}

After some reaserch I tried this formcalc code:

if(highcost_Yes == 1)then
(charge1==10)

elseif (charge1==8)
endif

I have been learning javascript this term in school so while I understand the concept I am far from practicing it efficiently.

Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?  Thanks!

2 Replies

Level 8

Hi Corey;

If I read your post correctly, highcost_Yes is the name of the radio button field.  A radio button (and any field) is an object, so you need to look at its properties and not the field itself:

if (highcost_Yes.rawValue ==1)

rawValue will contain the current state of the field.

You may also try posting in the LiveCycle Designer or LiveCycle Forms forums.  There are a lot more JavaScript and FormCalc people on that list.

Level 1

Thanks for the information. I reposted in the other thread, hopefully I will get some javascript focused assistance there.

Thanks again for taking the time to give me some guidance, I really appreciate it!