• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to restrict the number of simultaneous users?

Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed the variable <MaxConnectionRate>2</MaxConnectionRate> base on the URL - "Limit connection requests",but more than 2 client can connect to the server.

Is that other settings to config to restrict the number of simultaneous users?

Thanks!

URL:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/configadmin/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d119f2925e64-7ff0.h...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<MaxConnectionRate> tag talks about rate at which connections are accepted or processed by server. It wont limit number of simulataneous connections at any given point of time. You can use MaxConnections but that will limit at vhost level (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/configadmin/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d119f2926bcf-7ff6.h...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed the <maxConnections> tag to 1 in Vhost.xml (_defaultRoot_\_defaultVHost_) and restart the services, which assume there are only one client can view the video file.

But i found out that there are severals client can connect to the server.

Any idea can solve the problem?

Thanks.

1.JPG2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to restrict at the application instance level or at the server level? If the former, you can write a basic Server-Side ActionScript file that will limit the connections to two users, and reject the others.

-Robert

--

Robert Reinhardt

Creator, videoRx.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As i am testing on the multicast function  of FMS4, I wanna restrict the number of connection to the server.

At this time, i dont want to write the actionscript program because time is limit and wanna find out FMS is suitable for my case.

So if i want to restrict at server level, any config file have to edit?  Thanks!

My scenario:

if restrict the user connection to 2

Server -- Client 1

-- Client 2

How about the 3rd user request for the video?

Will it like this for multicast p2p:

Server -- Client 1 -- Client 3

-- Client 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines