Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Error File not Found in CS 5.5

Aug 9, 2011 5:37 PM

When I go to open up PP CS 5.5 it provides a list of possible projects I can open up. Click on a project and it opens accordingly. However, over the past 2 days it has become problematic. I can click on the listed project but I now receive an error message: Error file not found. PP will not open up. I haven't moved any files, folders or projects around. I have simply closed the project, quit PP and then opened it again when wanting to edit. I have tried opening up the auto saved project file and I receive the same message?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 9, 2011 6:00 PM   in reply to Bliksem7

Will Premiere Pro open if you create a new project? If it will, try importing your original project into the new one.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2011 6:44 PM   in reply to Colin Brougham

What if you try to open the project by double-clicking on it to start Premiere Pro, not opening Premiere Pro first and clicking the entry in the welcome screen?

What if you open Premiere Pro, create a new project and then go to File > Open Project?

What I'm getting at is that it seems like Premiere Pro isn't finding the project from the welcome screen, which is very different from Premiere Pro not being able to open the project file.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2011 6:46 PM   in reply to Bliksem7

Are you using any external disk drives for anything project related?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points