• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I correct Flash install error "actionlist not found"

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Firefox 5.0 which only comes in 32-bit, ran software to uninstall current flash player, restarted computer, checked that Active X is enabled, and still get the message: INSTALLATION ENCOUNTERED ERROR ACTIONLIST NOT FOUND when I attempt to install latest Flash Player. Searching forums and other Help topics yielded no info on actionlists relating to installing flash player. I'm at the end of my rope. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

You only need one of these; the EXE installers are usually smaller in size than the MSI installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading the installer from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I went to the page you directed me to. It shows two installers listed for Windows/Plugin-based browsers, an EXE and a MSI installer. Do I need to run both in the order listed? The other options don't apply to my operating system and the browser I use, and the link at the right side under "next steps" is for the same installer that gave me the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only need one of these; the EXE installers are usually smaller in size than the MSI installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! I'm able to view videos. Now, if only I can get my photo uploader to work ... another problem to tackle later. Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm running firefox 12. i got the same problem when updating to flash 11.2 (64bit).

i ended up downloading the installer and running it as admin, that solved my problem.

hope this helps someone out there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up switching to Google Chrome which allowed me to install updates for Flash Player. Since then, I was also able to use an express photo uploader that requires Flash. I went back to Firefox and haven't had a problem downloading updates, viewing videos, etc. Apparently, whatever the glitch was giving all the problems went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines