• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash builder 4.5.1 ios build fails with error map failed

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2011 Aug 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have built several test app with flash builder 4.5 and now 4.5.1.  I am working on an app for ipad, but when I run a test build it runs for several minutes as if it is going to create the ipa, but then error out and displays the following error message:

message title: Problem occured

'Launching [name of configuration] has encountered a problem.

Error occurred while packaging the application:

Map failed

that's it, no other reference.  I have searched for any reference to this problem and haven't been able to find one.  When I first packaged a much simpler version of the app, it created an ipa just fine.

Can someone help me.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem.

I've successfully built an app for my iPad use Ad hop Package option in FB 4.5.1 win Xp 10 days ago.

Now I'm back from vacation, and the same app, with minimal change code can't be packaged onto an IPA.

Each time, I've got an error message "Map failed" when I try to package it.

I haven't changed anything (same SDK, same certificate) and I've juste changed few code lines, without adding anything, so this is very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a reboot of my PC, and I now am able to package my app for iOS.

So if anyone encountered this "map failed" error message, try to reboot.

If It happened for me again, I'll file a bug in the JIRA, but it seems hard to reproduce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2011 Aug 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's kind of a nightmare actually.

Each time I want to make an IPA for my iPad with export release build feature, I have to reboot my computer.

Otherwise, I always got the "map failed" error.

And even with a reboot, 20% of time, I also got the error.

My project is including a 120 mb SQLite DB, so is it a size problem?

I really can't work like that, but I don't know how to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 30, 2011 Aug 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have this problem. Major workflow pain...

Does anybody from Adobe have an idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant export even after reboot. It is really big( .fxp file hase 680 MB) and i cant do anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I was try to build a debug iOS version, I got this error, too.(release version is ok)

For the project I was use Flex SDK 4.5.1 and AIR 3 SDK.

blew is the log, I copyed from {flash builder workspace}/.metadata/.log

!STACK 0

java.lang.Exception

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.internal.FlexProjectCore.createErrorStatus(FlexProjectCore.java:1010)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLogImpl.log(GlobalLogImpl.java:66)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLog.log(GlobalLog.java:52)

at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.packaging.IPAPackager.create(IPAPackager.java:220)

at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSOnDeviceLaunchHandler.doPackage(IOSOnDeviceLaunchHandler.java:283)

at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSOnDeviceLaunchHandler.launch(IOSOnDeviceLaunchHandler.java:181)

at com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.launch(MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.java:180)

at com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:238)

at com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:132)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:853)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:702)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:923)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1126)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2011-11-22 22:10:54.816

!MESSAGE Error occurred while packaging the application:

Map failed

even I try to change sdk with FLEX 4.5 and AIR 2.6, the error was still here.

And I try to build debug project in Flash Pro. It was OK.

So I think it was an flashbuilder bug.

My project only 137Megabytes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also experienced the same thing: "Error occurred while packaging the application:  Map failed"

My Setup:

Win 7

Flash Builder 4.5

( Building for the Apple iOS )

However, I fixed the problem. I was unknowingly trying to include a 150Mb folder in the package. Once I excluded this folder, it built succesfully.

Background story: I had been working on this app and had gotten to the point where I was working with some content that was using relative paths. Rather than pulling from the web, I put the 150Mb folder with the respective content into my development folder ( bin-debug ). What Flash Builder automatically did, unbeknownst to me, was include it in the build.  ( By the way, I at that point I had no point compiling for the desktop, but it wasn't until I built it for the phone did I get the error. )

Here's where to check to see what's being included in the packaging:

by going to Project / Properties, then ActionScriptBuild Packaging / Apple iOS, then click the tab Packaging Contents.   It was in there were I could see that my folder "content" had a check next to it. I unchecked that and I was good to go.

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. Rebooting my computer actually got it to build once. But never again. I have only seen one iPad build thus far. Every other time, I see "Map Failed" no matter what I try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting this "Map Failed" error when trying to export a release build for iOS.

Win 7

Flash Builder 4.6

8GB RAM

Interestingly I am also occasionally getting the "Unknown problem" Flex Problem, which sometimes goes away if I restart Flash Builder and do a Project > Clean.

This "Unknown problem" prevents testing in Desktop mode. When the "Uknown problem" goes away, Flash Builder is able to compile the Desktop build, but can't Export a release build without the "Map Failed" error.

I tried running the same source on a Macbook Pro (8GB RAM) and did not have the same issues - it compiled successfully!

My project has a lot of audio and SWC files (100+files totaling around 300MB), so I suspect I might be pushing the memory limits of the Flash Builder compiler.

On the Windows machine I tried setting the XX:MaxPermSize higher (from 128 to 1024), but Flash Builder won't boot for any values larger than 448m.

On the Macbook machine I set the XX:MaxPermSize to 1024 and everything is compiling nicely.

So I hope someone at Adobe can fix this issue on Windows machine. We need a way to allocate more memory to Flash Builder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First i was getting Java Heap space Error when i tried  to export a release build for IOS on windows.

Then i did these changes to FlashBuilder.ini

-vm

/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/jre/bin/java

-vmargs

-Xms512m

-Xmx1024m

-XX:+UseParallelGC

-XX:PermSize=256M

-XX:MaxPermSize=512M

After that i retried to export a release build for IOS but then i get this  "Map Failed" error.

And previouly when i got a export releae build done on windows the app runs only on IPAD2 but not on IPAD3.But when i try doing the same thing on Macbook it works fine.

I think  there are lots of issues on windows machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines