looks like my post was removed, why?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 12, 2011 6:44 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris,

It says:

Macintosh - OS XFirefox, Opera, Safari10.3.183.5

I have also tried installing Ver. 11 Beta and I get the same errors.  Everything works in Firefox and chrome but not in Safari.

Thanks,

Matt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2011 6:49 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I have found a bug with the latest version of Flash Player.  It breaks the sound on many games/sites.

You can experience this bug by visiting http://www.thepodge.co.uk/playazombiestolemytoaster.html

You don't even have to play the game - just click the play button on the main menu, then on the next screen, go back to the menu.

You will find out all the game's sound and music play over and over, causing a nasty racket.

These games are distributed all over the web and updating them will not fix the issue 100% as it is almost impossible to make sure every site is updated.

Please fix the issue - it might be affecting lots of flash content all over the web.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2011 7:32 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Can not get the latest version run at all now. :( Never have had this problem. Can't run any programs now -everything

requires a flash - bummer. :(

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2011 11:12 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hey guys,

I run a flash based massively multiplayer game and I've noticed a massive animation lag following upgrading to the latest version of the player.  Our players began reporting the issue, and I didn't notice until I grabbed the latest version.    All of our vector-based character animations run very slowly now.   It definitely seems to be the player as we've found that on machines not upgraded with the latest version the game performs well.

Can you shine any light on the changes that were made that would affect animation performance?  

Our game is published to FP 9.0... written in AS3.    I use Flash Pro CS3 as the publishing environment.   We've had no problems prior to this update.  I've reviewed the release notes but can't find anything that seems related to my issue.  Been searching for the cause for hours with no luck.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2011 11:23 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I downloaded this latest release last night.  Now, whenever I go to a video online, the video itself is freezing after about 30 seconds, or sometimes less.  I have never had this problem before with Flash Player.  Any idea of what could be the problem?  I have Windows 7.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2011 3:16 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Re: post from Chris about bug being found internally and asking me to make a bug report on bug base:

Thanks, although I don't know what the actual issue is so have difficulty creating a bug report.

It may be relateed to https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2940617

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2011 5:37 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

tring to install the latest flash on my mac os x lion here is the log, onscreen i got install failed at about 4%

2011-08-13 00:30:53 +0000 ---------- log start ----------

2011-08-13 00:30:53 +0000 All install checks pass

2011-08-13 00:30:59 +0000 User does not have any processes that need to be closed before the Flash Player can be installed.

2011-08-13 00:31:00 +0000 [install started]

installer: Must be run as root to install this package.

2011-08-13 00:31:00 +0000 [install completed]

2011-08-13 00:31:00 +0000 [install failed]

2011-08-13 00:31:04 +0000 ----------  log end  ----------

Thanks for your help

Theo

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2011 7:03 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

this fails to work for me. everything was fine today, then at some point it said i needed a new flash player version as i was on itunes. i figure download and im good. wrong. everything downloads normally and says installation successful, reopen browser, click done. well every video is still saying get adobe flash player. help?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2011 10:41 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris, after two days of video freezing up, it suddenly stopped all on its own.  No idea what happened.  In any case, I wanted to update about this to you.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2011 9:13 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I tried unsuccessfully installing the IE flashplayer. Even on different pages throughout Adobe's troubleshooting sites. I think it has to do with M$'s IE KB update for XP SP3 x86, which I have. If I remember correctly, this KB update is a re-release of an Active-X Killbit. I had no problem updating FF 5 plugin. I hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2011 9:22 PM   in reply to EthelS06

Try downloading the installer from the link in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889580

The installer will automatically remove the kill-bit for Flash Player if it is set.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2011 9:40 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

still doesnt work

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2011 5:31 PM   in reply to Conman1994

Conman1994 wrote:

still doesnt work

What browser do you use; on what operating system?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2011 6:47 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

i use safari. system mac os x 10.6.8

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2011 8:31 PM   in reply to Conman1994

Sorry, I cannot help you with Macs; all I can do is point you to the troubleshooting page http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/908/cpsid_90893.html

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2011 11:44 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

chris.campbell wrote:

Ritteh wrote:

I disabled hardware acceleration but the problem continues.

I've been searhing a littler deeper. I downloaded the debug version hoping that would give me some sort of error log, but got nothing.

However, after about a second of the movie loading, I get the following context menu:

Movie not loaded...

Show Redraw Regions

Debugger

------

About Adobe Flash Player 10.3.183.5

All three top options are disabled/greyed out. Movie not loaded is certainally something I wouldn't expect to see.

Now, what's particularly interesting is that for the first couple seconds, I can get the normal context menu. Play, forward, next, etc.

My guess, and that's all this is - a guess, is that the application is trying to load another swf and failing. I do know this application loads a skin file and perhaps it is dying there. I know it's finding the skin file, because an error appears when I rename it. The net view in browser (firebug or chrome developer tools) shows the skin file loading properly. I know this isn't much to go on, but it's one more data point.

The whole issue might be some weird coding in the ChatBlazer app, however it's certain that this Flash upgrade isn't 100% backwards compatable.

Hi Ritteh,

I've been able to confirm this against 10.3.183.5 and beta 2 of Flash Player 11.  I'll be entering a bug about it internally so we can continue our investigation.  If you'd like to get updates, please feel free to enter a new bug over at bugbase.adobe.com and we'll link the internal bug against the public.  Please post back with the bug URL so that others can cast their votes and add comments.

Thanks,

Chris

It sounds like we are experiencing the same issue. It is outlined further in the thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/890568

I have submitted a bug via bugbase but can not get the url because of a security issue. I attached a couple of fla and swf files that recreate the issue.This is a massive issue for us. Is there any explanation as to what has caused this to start happening?

Thanks

Joe

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2011 2:17 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Flash player is a good player indeed but some times it just don't do work or automatically reinstall from my computer...!

What should i do ?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2011 8:25 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I too am seeing the issue that Ritteh described, but I don't see a defect in the public database.  We are loading a movie inside another movie, but this has always worked in the past players.

Chris,

Is this defect being tracked publicly?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2011 1:20 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Here is a link to the bug report created by undersiege2009:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2941616

My company also is having issues with our flash projects endlessly looping audio nested within a movieclip.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2011 2:38 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Getting Failed to Register Error installing this new version

Auto Update gave me the new version

Windows 7 64Bit

I am getting really tired of Adobe products, this is the second time this happened, last time was about 6 months ago and had to restage my whole system to get it working again. please fix this. I already tried all the troubleshooting from your site

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2011 2:50 AM   in reply to ksilfer

Please can I add some information about the Control Panel issue (Bug 2940568).

My test upgrading from 10.3.181.26 with Control Panel applet installed, using the following command....

install_flash_player_10_active_x.msi /qn

....automatically removes the applet for some reason.

Cheers

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2011 3:05 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi Chris - our development company has noticed a critical issue with the latest release (discovered with testing in Chrome with latest update - which includes this release) and an unupdated IE9 -

Title: Version 10.3.183.5 has removed gotoAndPlay(number), gotoAndPlay("label") and gotoAndStop from timeline.

Problem Description: We have an as2 product for a major client that uses .as files and some AS on the timeline. The latest update seems to have removed our ability to use the above code on the timeline.

Steps to Reproduce: Place gotoAndPlay(1) on end keyframe and publish in CS4, fp8, as2.0

Actual Result: Upon gotoAndPlay, we get blank screen with "Movie not loaded" in right click menu.

Expected Result: Movie to loop on gotoAndPlay.

Any Workarounds: Remove gotoAndPlay and let flash handle the natural loop from end of timeline and auto replay. Move code into a function in an external .as and call this function from flash timeline [eg loopMovie(); function loopMovie() { gotoAndPlay(1); } ]

This is a critical issue for us as the project has a critical release timing - we're using the work around as best we can, but we are now having to go through the .flas finding any usage of these bits of code. An update resolution would be very handy.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2011 2:04 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

No worries chris, i am gonna start the new topic.
    Dont you worry about my reply..!!
    Thank you for your information Chris.

Cheers.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2011 5:19 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi Chris,

Experiencing problems viewing flash content and uploaded videos on Facebook since version 10.3 released.

Fb asks for an upgrade or player remains closed - blank black screen on home-uploaded vids.

Any advice?

(using 32b Win IE9)

Jon

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2011 3:56 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hey Chris,

I've reported this earlier but have not received any details and it's killing the performance of our online multiplayer game.   The animation performance issue described in our bug report can be easily recreated.   Our bug topic is listed below, and several players have confirmed the issue, posting in the bug report as well ... we really need help on this one.   I've been working tirelessly to determine what changed in the latest version of the player with no luck.

Today I tried 20 different changes, including stripping down the game client size down by over 40% to it's core essentials and still the performance is siginificantly hindered.  

Our bug base topic is here:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2941759

Please help us!

Jonathan

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2011 2:21 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi Chris,

WIN 10,3,183,5

Jon

|