• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand

LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2011 Aug 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not using my nornal computer, Firefox 5.0.1, while posting replies to the forum, and sometimes going to a new forum, I get:

400 Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not undertand.

Not quite sure what's up with that. I got that posting to the testing forum, and also posting to the InDesign General forum. I even got it just navigating to the Testing forum. In 2/3 cases, the post went through. In one case, it did not. (And hitting Back took me back to a blank page where my post was lost, argh!).

Not sure if this is a new forum problem or somehow specific to this machine/browser, but I kind of doubt the latter. Anyhow, throwing it out there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2011 Aug 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use WinXP and WinExplorer 8 at work, and Win7 with WinExplorer 9 at home... and I've never seen that message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I didn't specify, this was on Mac running OSX 10.5.8.

Haven't seen it anywhere since.

Maybe I should go install Firebug on that machine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same verion Ff; Mac OS 10.6.8, and have never received that message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 17, 2011 Aug 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Hawkinson wrote:

Maybe I should go install Firebug on that machine...

That will only help if you keep it open all the time because it start logging when you open it.

You could look into https://developer.mozilla.org/en/HTTP_Logging to log everythng your browser does to a text file. Then when you get the problem I would be interested in the log. Just make sure you never give access to that logfile to anybody else and if you send the part with the 400 error that you strip out the cookies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2011 Aug 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it actually seemed fairly easy to reproduce on that machine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2011 Aug 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well. I finally got around to looking at this, and it appears to be a client-side screwup. The "Your browser" text that Firefox displays is not being sent by the server (or so I conclude on the basis of tcpdump and Firefox logging both). This makes it dramatically less interesting, so I'm not sure if/when I'll get around to tracking it down. Thanks, all, for the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines