Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS Live can't connect to the internet

Jun 3, 2010 9:45 PM

This problem isn't just specific to Acrobat.com but the whole of CS Live but there didn't seem a more suitable forum category to post this in..

I have installed CS5 Production Premium and would like to use the CS Live functions to share my screen. CS Live gives me the following Error message when I try select a feature;

"Network Error

This application is not connected to the internet. Please connect to the internet to access CS Live services."

The new Adobe Help program can access the internet fine and my browser can also access adobe.com. I do not have firewall enabled on my computer as it is set by the network, but another employee also on the same network can connect to CS Live so I'm assuming its local settings. I can't seem to find any preference settings in the programs for connecting to the internet so I'm really stuck as to what the problem is.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 4, 2010 11:06 AM   in reply to SusieWoo

Hi Susie,

Sorry you're having trouble.

I'm not 100% certain, but usually when I've see this message, I've found that one of the CS5 (or CS4) apps was set to block net access.

If you have Photoshop CS5 installed, check the Plug-Ins Preferences (Preferences > Plug-ins) and be sure that you have the following two options in the "Extensions Panels" group checked: Allow Extensions to Connect to the Internet, and Load Extensions Panels.

If you have Photoshop CS4 installed, check the same settings there, too.

If you have other CS4 applications still on this machine, you will need to check those, too, for another setting that can block internet access (note: it's generally fine to have both CS4 and CS5 installed on the same machine - they should coexist without any trouble - but there is a setting in several of the CS4 apps that can block internet access from the CS5 apps, so it's worth checking, too).

In the CS4 application (see list below)....

Click Window > Extensions > Connections

In the Connections panel, click the drop-down menu (in the panel's upper-right corner) and click Offline Options

In the dialog that pops up, make sure that "Keep me offline" is NOT checked.

This setting is available in all of the following CS4 applications - so if you have any of these installed, you should check that setting in all of these apps:

Dreamweaver CS4

Flash CS4 Pro

Illustrator CS4

InDesign CS4

Photoshop CS4

Hopefully that should take care of it.  Please post back and let us know how it goes.  Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2010 12:25 PM   in reply to SusieWoo

I am having the same issue. I followed: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/645544?tstart=0

to the t. NO Dice. There should be an on off switch for this somewhere. But, that is what comes

with Adobe—not fully thought through implementations.

I am clearly on the internet. I clearly have connection. I am able to log into acrobat.com and see csreview.

I have made sure that PS has plug-ins internet connection enabled.

This should be plug-n-play. I am on a Mac X.5+ (latest) and have the Master collection.

I have uninstalled and Cleaned all old apps.

No deal.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2010 8:53 AM   in reply to David Herman - Adobe

If you have Photoshop CS5 installed, check the Plug-Ins Preferences (Preferences > Plug-ins) and be sure that you have the following two options in the "Extensions Panels" group checked: Allow Extensions to Connect to the Internet, and Load Extensions Panels.

If you have Photoshop CS4 installed, check the same settings there, too.

If you have other CS4 applications still on this machine, you will need to check those, too, for another setting that can block internet access (note: it's generally fine to have both CS4 and CS5 installed on the same machine - they should coexist without any trouble - but there is a setting in several of the CS4 apps that can block internet access from the CS5 apps, so it's worth checking, too).

In the CS4 application (see list below)....

Click Window > Extensions > Connections

In the Connections panel, click the drop-down menu (in the panel's upper-right corner) and click Offline Options

In the dialog that pops up, make sure that "Keep me offline" is NOT checked.

This setting is available in all of the following CS4 applications - so if you have any of these installed, you should check that setting in all of these apps:

Dreamweaver CS4

Flash CS4 Pro

Illustrator CS4

InDesign CS4

Photoshop CS4

Hi,

Couple of questions....

1. Have you checked all the above items (including checking for CS4 app settings)?

2. Can you describe, in detail, what exactly you are doing when this happens, and what exactly you are seeing as the result?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2010 9:23 AM   in reply to David Herman - Adobe

Hi David,

1. Yes. However, as I mentioned I had previously cleaned out all CS3 and 4 apps and used the Cleaner on my system as well as Manually deleting anything else.

2. I click on CS live btn in any app; the panel opens and then says: Application is not connected to the internet.

I have tried setting it in PS and in Acrobat. No Deal. I have disabled firewalls and any other system protector. No deal.

j

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2010 1:26 PM   in reply to SusieWoo

Same issue for me too on my work machine. I cleaned out all old apps and am running CS5 only. Latest OS update. Seems to just started aswell. I use kuler as well. Not connecting either.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2010 9:21 PM   in reply to SusieWoo

Hi, all

This has to be a conflict in some preferences or something.

I was a PS CS5 beta tester and have been using Kuler and CS Review since a month before final CS5 release without a hitch.

I bought the Master Collection and all was well. I don't know when it happened but a couple of weeks ago I wanted to find a cool color scheme and was puzzled when Kuler wouldn't connect giving me the error message the the original poster documented.

I too have CS4 master collection installed on my machine and I can connect to Kuler no problem in CS4. I have gone through every program scouring for any online settings and making sure that they are all set to connect. And all my extension settings are set properly, but still no network connection with any CS5 program.

I found this bug though in Photoshop CS5. If I uncheck the allow extension to connect to Internet in the Preferences>Plug-ins and restart PS then re-check the option and refresh Kuler Viola it works.

however when I try to open CS Live It still doesn't work. Again if I restart PS Kuler is broken again and I have to do the work around over again.

This only woks in Photoshop as the other programs dont have this option in there preferences.

If any one solves this issue I would love to know this is driving me batty and i really don't want to do a reinstall.

Thanks

Doug Jaeckel

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2010 9:28 PM   in reply to douglas633

Doug. I reinstalled and everything is ok so far. I'm holding off on the updates for a bit. I suspect it's an issue in one of those

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2010 7:55 PM   in reply to jfarris10

Thanks

jfarris10 for the quick reply.

I had some free time sort of so I bit the bullet and did a reinstall making sure to delete all preferences in the process. I also am having success and I even allowed for the updates to install to see what would happen and so far so good. I have all my 3rd party plug-ins installed and the optional plug-ins from Adobe and all is well.

I hope this remains but I will be keeping track of any changes I make to preferences and workspaces to keep my eyes peeled for any issuses as this deems to be a problem many have encountered.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2010 7:58 PM   in reply to douglas633

Ya I just updated everything today. I hope it sticks. We'll see I guess. I use kuler and cs live religiously so it's a big hang up when it quits working. I'll let you know if it quits working again.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2010 9:54 AM   in reply to jfarris10

Hello.

Apologies for the delay in responding.  Adobe's US offices were close all last week so many of us are still catching up.

Sorry you have been having trouble, glad to see it appears to have been resolved with a reinstall.  If you find that the issue re-surfaces, please let us know and we will do our best to help you get things straightened out.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2010 3:55 PM   in reply to David Herman - Adobe

So, are you saying that the only thing that we can do is a reinstall to solve this bug?

I upgraded to CS5 Design, with CS4 Design on the machine.  Then uninstalled CS4 (to get rid of Acrobat) and then installed Acrobat. The CS Live does not work for me either.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2010 7:10 PM   in reply to WilliFixit

Reinstall might help.

In my case it didn't. I had cs3 and 4 on my machine. I uninstalled everything. I ran the CS cleaner scripts for 3,4,5. I double checked everything.

And then reinstalled. No dice. I spent 3 hours with tech support. And then when they could think of nothing else said, "let's create a new user."

We did.

TS: Does it work?

ME: Yep, it does.

TS: Whelp, I am done have a nice day.

ME: that isn't a solution. I would have to fix everything else, that isn't broken, on my computer just to run CS live.

TS: Whelp, I can't do anything else. This worked.

I will say it again, this isn't a fix. This is a workaround—a bad one. Nothing else was messing up.

It is an adobe issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2010 12:13 PM   in reply to yetsirah

Sure would be nice if someone at Adobe would respond and help us deal with this issue.  Creating a new or changing one's user ID

sucks, as that means all my history (purchases, downloads, forum history, etc. would no longer be there.  That is really NOT an option for me.

PLEASE --- SOMEONE FROM ADOBE HELP US!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2010 9:53 PM   in reply to WilliFixit

After deciding to see how hard it would be to migrate one user account 

to another—it failed. I decided to delete ALL the adobe preferences 

that I could find. That action caused me to have to reinstall which I 

did over the top of the already installed apps.

Once I reinstalled I now have access.

I had previously used the uninstallers and the cs cleaners. Those 

obviously didn't actually clean everything.

Manually remove ALL adobe files in your system library and user 

library then reinstall. see if it works.

j

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2010 2:36 PM   in reply to WilliFixit

If a new user account on the computer makes things work, then it's probably because the new account doesn't have some preference or configuration data that your old account does (maybe from when you ran a beta version of some CS5 product?). Try simply renaming the following folder (you may need to use the Control Panel > Folder Options to make hidden files and folders visible to find this):

C:\Users\[your user name]\App Data\Local\Adobe

or on Mac:

/Users/[your user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe

and

/Users/[your user name]/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS2Preferences.plist

Let me know if this helps or not.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2010 7:46 PM   in reply to Matthew Laun

As I said in the last message. I now have it working.

I found pref files I hadn't seen before they were hidden in folders and I just deleted anything and everything that said adobe. It works now.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2011 6:17 PM   in reply to Matthew Laun

matt, renaming the folder doesnt work

i really dont want to reinstall.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2011 6:26 PM   in reply to v12345678

the issue im having is that im unable to run dreamweaver. i've activated my subscription roughly a month ago and when i try to run it now it tries to activate it again and has trouble connecting.
    "please connect to the internet then press continue"

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2011 6:43 AM   in reply to SusieWoo

tried to to dissconnect the internet and run the logon process without connection - of course it failed - then hooked up and tried again.

now everything works fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2012 5:49 AM   in reply to SusieWoo

All people's comment are helpful. Thank you.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points