Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Securing the server side actionscript

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2011 Aug 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any way for securing the serverside actionscript code so that it wont be acceessible to others ? At present all the code we have is just plain text which anybody can read and understand. Any help will be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2011 Aug 17, 2011

Did you look at the -compile option?

It creates bytecode out of your script. Won't that help you?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out far.exe tool in fms tools folder.

-compile and/or -package option should help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks vijay for that quick answer. but i have already looked in to it and waht i understood is its just a compressing utility where anybody can uncopress it also. i may be wrong but is there any article which mention the usage of this tool ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look at the -compile option?

It creates bytecode out of your script. Won't that help you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually i haven't looked in to the compile option. If its outputting bytecodes certainly that will solve my issue, Let me have a look. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity how would one go about viewing SSAS without actaully logging into my FMS server locally if you will and opening the application folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in an ideal case where you have full physical control over the server this issue wont come. but there are scenarios where you share a server with somebody else also.  so its better to be on safer side always by keeping your code secure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines