Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
John Hawkinson 5,572 posts
Jun 25, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand

Aug 12, 2011 3:07 PM

Not using my nornal computer, Firefox 5.0.1, while posting replies to the forum, and sometimes going to a new forum, I get:

400 Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not undertand.

Not quite sure what's up with that. I got that posting to the testing forum, and also posting to the InDesign General forum. I even got it just navigating to the Testing forum. In 2/3 cases, the post went through. In one case, it did not. (And hitting Back took me back to a blank page where my post was lost, argh!).

Not sure if this is a new forum problem or somehow specific to this machine/browser, but I kind of doubt the latter. Anyhow, throwing it out there.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 15, 2011 8:01 AM   in reply to John Hawkinson

I use WinXP and WinExplorer 8 at work, and Win7 with WinExplorer 9 at home... and I've never seen that message

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 15, 2011 9:15 AM   in reply to John Hawkinson

Same verion Ff; Mac OS 10.6.8, and have never received that message.

|
    Mark as:
  • Jochem van Dieten
    2,391 posts
    Apr 8, 2001
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 17, 2011 6:13 AM   in reply to John Hawkinson

John Hawkinson wrote:

Maybe I should go install Firebug on that machine...

That will only help if you keep it open all the time because it start logging when you open it.

You could look into https://developer.mozilla.org/en/HTTP_Logging to log everythng your browser does to a text file. Then when you get the problem I would be interested in the log. Just make sure you never give access to that logfile to anybody else and if you send the part with the 400 error that you strip out the cookies.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points