• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Measuring in Acrobat Pro X

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How do I set the scales and units for the document? This is not described in the Help.

2. After I've created a measurement, how do I edit the dimension text? For example, I want to change the color, font, and rotation of the text. How do I do that? What if I want to change the text itself, for example if I want to add parentheses around the dimension (example in mechanical reference dimensions).

This is the basic help link. It does not answer my questions above.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/pro/using/WS58a04a822e3e50102bd615109794195ff-7f9d.w.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

It is present in Acrobat X, just select: Tools > Analyse > Measuring Tool

If Analyse is missing, click the little icon/button in the upper right of the Tools pane and select it from the drop down list.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The units and scale ratio for the 2D measurement tool are set by right-clicking the page once you have selected the measuring tool. The base unit for scaling is the physical dimension of the PDF page.

Although you can add and edit a prefix for each measurement label, to edit the number and unit created by the measurement markup tools it is necessary to use a little chunk of JavaScript to add a new menu item. The tool itself is designed not to allow "faked" measurements, so people can trust what they see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. What about changing font, color, rotation, and text size of the dimension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the text style using a similar bit of JavaScript, by setting the .richContents property rather than the .contents property.

Here's an example that reformats the label on selected measurement(s) and appends a warning on a new line underneath:

var sAnnots = this.selectedAnnots;
if (!sAnnots) app.alert("No measurements are selected")
else {
  for (var i=0; i<sAnnots.length; i++) {
    var spans = new Array();
    spans[0] = new Object();
    spans[0].text = sAnnots.contents;
    spans[0].textColor = color.blue;
    spans[0].textSize = 12;
    spans[1] = new Object();
    spans[1].text = "\n(do not scale)";
    spans[1].textColor = color.red;
    spans[1].fontStyle = "italic";
    spans[1].alignment = "center";

var nProps = { style: "S", richContents: spans};
        sAnnots.setProps(nProps);
  }
}

Text rotation isn't possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2011 Aug 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Dave

I wonder if you would tell me where the measuring tool may be found?  Adobe Australia helpdesk tells me that there's no measuring facility in Pro X and that I'll have to buy Illustrator to be able to carry out this (previously) very simple task.  I can't get any satisfaction from the tutorials.

Jack Deshon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is present in Acrobat X, just select: Tools > Analyse > Measuring Tool

If Analyse is missing, click the little icon/button in the upper right of the Tools pane and select it from the drop down list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for this advice! works for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear George

Many thanks.

The carpenter's square then appears on the toolbar and is identified as "Measuring Tool".

After opening the drawing to be measured, click on the icon.  "Snap Types" and "Measurement Types" appear in small panes.

Apply to the drawing.  Right click to change the scale and complete the measurement.

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this issue ever resolved? I too want to change the font size of a measured dimension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott

See my reply.  I can now use the tool to my satisfaction - identify the distance to be measured, adjust the scale ("ratio") to suit that of the drawing, complete the measurement, save the mark-up.

Changing the font size of a measured dimension is another matter, and I haven't tried to do that.

Good luck

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jack,

Thanks, main issue for me is still being able to change the font size of a measured dimension.

scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines