Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Hyperlinks not working Adobe content viewer

Aug 18, 2011 5:01 AM

Hi All,

 

After I've set the Hyperlinks option to the text like www.google.com, it's not getting linked when checking in the Adobe content viewer, anyone pl. help.

 

Thanks,

Praveen

 
Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 18, 2011 6:37 AM   in reply to Praveen10

    Web hyperlinks will need the full address beginning 'http://'. Also, have you checked to see if your hyperlinks work in Content Viewer on your iPad, or only in Content Viewer on your computer? When you say 'not getting linked', do you mean that nothing is happening or that the in-app browser opens but the web page doesn't load? Content Viewer on your computer can't yet show web hyperlinks.

     

    Ali

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 18, 2011 8:36 AM   in reply to Praveen10

    I'm afraid I can't say what's happening on your laptop. However, if your laptop screen has a vertical resolution of 1024 pixels or less, Content Viewer in portrait mode will not be able to fit itself on-screen.

     

    Ali

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 22, 2011 5:07 AM   in reply to Praveen10

    The folio viewer is 1024x768 for iPad .folios and the orientation is determined by the folio itself. If you have horizontal and vertical orientations in the .folio you hit the "r" key and swap the orientation. There are no other options.

     

    Bob

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 9, 2011 10:40 PM   in reply to Praveen10

    I have created a hyperlink using text as the source and linking to a particular page within the same document. This functions correctly when I preview using the desktop version of Adobe Content Viewer provided I access it via the Overlay Creator preview button. If I access it via the Folio Builder it doesn't work. It's also not working on the iPad version of the Content Viewer. I have tested graphics and text frames as the source and these worked. Anybody got any ideas?

     

    Perdita

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 10, 2011 5:00 AM   in reply to PerditaHarper

    FWIW, I’m not huge fan of hyperlinks. I prefer buttons even if I have to draw a no fill/no stroke frame to create one.

     

     

     

    Bob

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 10, 2011 3:18 PM   in reply to Bob Levine

    Thanks Bob. I'd thought of that…I use buttons without fill and stroke with graphics but I was hoping for something that would move with the text. I've managed to add a button as an inline graphic and then by adjusting Baseline Shift and Text Wrap, have positioned the button over the text. But I'm using it for a Table of Contents and while this works for the number, I can't extend the button past the tab to the title for the TOC entry—not essential but would be nice. The hyperlinks function would do this easily if it worked.

     

    I had no trouble linking to a web page from selected text within a text frame so I'm guessing the problem is limited to the pages option. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update.

     

    Perdita

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 10, 2011 3:30 PM   in reply to PerditaHarper

    Hi Perdita,

     

    Would you mind posting the syntax of your hyperlinks? I tested some samples, and they seem to be working fine for me.

     

    Tomek

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 10, 2011 5:23 PM   in reply to Tomek Kuczborski

    Hi Tomek

     

    I'm not sure where to find the hyperlinks syntax as I'm not authoring in code. I created a document to send you and found that the links worked. So I then looked at each document in Story Editor and found the links were positioned differently—see attached screengrabs. I wasn't able to move the incorrect links but was able to create new ones via the Story Editor that matched the functioning ones.

     

    Broken-hyperlinks.gif

     

    Hyperlinks-test.gif

     

    The text in the file with the non functioning links was imported from Word but other than that I can't think of any differences. I will be able to fix via Story Editor but I'm still mystified about why it happened. Is there something else I need to post?

     

    Perdita

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 10, 2011 5:54 PM   in reply to PerditaHarper

    I've discovered that I've been accidently selecting the return as well as the text which seems to corrupt the link. I found it very difficult not to select it as I had a tab set on the margin. Working in Story Editor or moving the tab is the answer :-).

     

    Thanks for your help Tomek.

     

    Perdita

     
    |
    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points