• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded Video/Flash Content Issue with version 10.3

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed last night (18 Aug 01:00 BST) that videos embedded on Facebook weren't playing - just went white-blank.

Started researching and experiementing  - even lost all of you tube vids at one point but got them back by unchecking the hardwear accelerator box on a video on the BBC website.

Facebook doesn't seem to recognise the 10.3 upgrade and either asks for an upgrade or the screen stays blank and content unplayed - that's embedded you tube stuff as well as my own uploaded videos.

For info I'm using IE9 on a 32 bit machine

I've uninstalled, reinstalled numerous times and downloaded the "special" uninstaller etc but still no joy

Any help gratefully received

Jon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

Does the same thing happen if you check "Allow 3rd-party Flash content..."?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2011 Aug 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I clicked on your link and couldn't see the manager unless I right clicked.

When I did and selected global settings option the flash player settings manager opened but there wasn't any mention of "3rd party" anywhere on the tabs..?

Really confused - thanks for your efforts.

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2011 Aug 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FPglob.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great but I can't see this application (or any of the others) on the adobe support manager settings webpage - so I don't seem to be able to amend my settings.

I think I might move over to Mozilla.

Regards,

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what settings to change - neither firefox nor IE9 are allowing me to play embedded vids or those I've uploaded. I can't even see the setting manager devices to play around with the 3rd party options and I somehow doubt that even re-uninstalling for the umpteenth time and reinstalling for the same will work.

I'm getting nowhere fast on this issue despite some efforts and kind responses!

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2011 Aug 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I followed your instructions and then went back to the global settings link - unfortunately still blank where the application should be showing.

I'm starting to lose the will to live!

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2011 Aug 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the identical issue since this afternoon.  I'm running WinXP with IE 8 with flash version 10.3.183.5.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Flash several times now to no avail.  None of the suggestions provided in this thread have been of any help.  Embedded videos on Facebook are fine, but I cannot see embedded youtube videos on at least two forums that I visit.  The 'Global Settings' screen shown above does not appear anywhere.  I can 'right-click' in the space where the video should appear and I will get the settings menu, but it does not look like the example shown above.  There is no box to click providing 3rd party permissions.  There is a box giving permission 'Allow sites to save information on this computer' and it is checked.  I am not having this issue with my laptop running WinVista and IE9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2011 Aug 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well as mysteriously as my problem surfaced, it has resolved itself just as mysteriously.

This morning after starting up the PC, the embedded videos on the sites I was having issues with showed up just as before.

I don't have an answer for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines