Skip navigation
Fishpondsjon
Currently Being Moderated

Embedded Video/Flash Content Issue with version 10.3

Aug 18, 2011 5:13 AM

Noticed last night (18 Aug 01:00 BST) that videos embedded on Facebook weren't playing - just went white-blank.

Started researching and experiementing  - even lost all of you tube vids at one point but got them back by unchecking the hardwear accelerator box on a video on the BBC website.

Facebook doesn't seem to recognise the 10.3 upgrade and either asks for an upgrade or the screen stays blank and content unplayed - that's embedded you tube stuff as well as my own uploaded videos.

For info I'm using IE9 on a 32 bit machine

I've uninstalled, reinstalled numerous times and downloaded the "special" uninstaller etc but still no joy

Any help gratefully received

Jon

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 18, 2011 5:06 PM   in reply to Fishpondsjon

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/se ttings_manager03.html

Does the same thing happen if you check "Allow 3rd-party Flash content..."?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2011 9:33 PM   in reply to Fishpondsjon

FPglob.PNG

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2011 6:14 PM   in reply to Fishpondsjon

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2011 12:48 AM   in reply to Fishpondsjon

I am having the identical issue since this afternoon.  I'm running WinXP with IE 8 with flash version 10.3.183.5.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Flash several times now to no avail.  None of the suggestions provided in this thread have been of any help.  Embedded videos on Facebook are fine, but I cannot see embedded youtube videos on at least two forums that I visit.  The 'Global Settings' screen shown above does not appear anywhere.  I can 'right-click' in the space where the video should appear and I will get the settings menu, but it does not look like the example shown above.  There is no box to click providing 3rd party permissions.  There is a box giving permission 'Allow sites to save information on this computer' and it is checked.  I am not having this issue with my laptop running WinVista and IE9.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2011 9:01 AM   in reply to Suave Eddie

Well as mysteriously as my problem surfaced, it has resolved itself just as mysteriously.

This morning after starting up the PC, the embedded videos on the sites I was having issues with showed up just as before.

I don't have an answer for it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points