Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can I visit Adobe Headquarters?

Aug 23, 2011 3:00 AM

I live in England but will be visiting the States next month and am for just one day in San Jose. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to visit Adobe Headquarters? I don't have any specific business or particular reason to go there other than that as a Premiere and Adobe user and lover I'm curious and wonder if there's anything interesting to see. But would I even get as far as being allowed to Park unless I had a legitimate business reason for being there? Can anybody shed any light on this? Many thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 23, 2011 4:02 AM   in reply to Aidan Bell

I see at least two approaches:

1. Call the CEO and make an appointment to discuss 'an offer you can't refuse'. It is about a take-over and you are specifically flying in from the UK to discuss that. Don't mention whether Adobe is offered a company for take-over or you are taking over Adobe. For these first discussions, you only need about an hour of his time, but would like the opportunity to meet other key players in the Adobe teams, just to get acquainted.

2. Make an appointment with one or more of the key players that we regularly encounter here. Steve Hoeg, Todd Kopriva, Dennis Radeke, Mark Mapes, Mansi Grover, Jeremy Dehne, and lots of others.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2011 7:37 AM   in reply to Aidan Bell

I'm actually in the Seattle office, and Dennis is on the east coast.

> I only want to visit as a fan; if I could buy an Adobe cap and say I'd set foot in the building, I'd leave happy.

I don't know if there's a place to get Adobe merchandise like caps (not really our core business), but you can see some interesting art in the lobbies in San Jose.

If youre in Seattle, let me know.

|
    Mark as:
  • Mitchell Lopez
    259 posts
    Jul 8, 2004
    Aug 23, 2011 9:03 AM   in reply to Aidan Bell

If you do go, just realize that the lines for the rides get long in the summer.  So make sure you get a “Fast Pass”, for front of the line privileges.

So must see attractions are:

The Premiere Haunted Mansion

Adobe Zone – Tower of Terror

The Pirates of the CS5.5 Suite

(Try to eat outside the park, as the food concessions are expensive, and the food is not that great)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2011 9:10 AM   in reply to Mitchell Lopez

And don't forget the "Follies deAcrobat" show in the evening... the dancers don't dress like a Vegas show, but they do sometimes pull someone from the gallery and put an official Adobe poncho on him to join the chorus line

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2011 1:17 PM   in reply to Aidan Bell

If you get tired, stop by the Dreamweaver pavilion and check out the Beta of DWDirect, to convert your dreams to a web page

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2011 3:47 PM   in reply to Aidan Bell

Just be careful if you wander outside Adobe HQ after dark without the proper visitor's badge... or the guards will "Adobe Captivate" you

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2011 11:38 AM   in reply to Aidan Bell

Just remember, every ride/attraction will put you out in one of the Adobe "retail stores," but there is no "hard sell."

Enjoy, and travel safely,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2011 1:42 PM   in reply to Aidan Bell

In all seriousness, I have seen an Adobe baseball cap, but do not recall the actual source of that. I would suspect that there is a limited selection of Adobe "stuff," but do not recall ever seeing it listed - only the software. Maybe that cap was from some sort of a promo/demo at NAB, or similar? Wish that I had a source.

Good luck, and travel safely,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • joe bloe premiere
    4,391 posts
    Dec 6, 2009
    Aug 24, 2011 2:29 PM   in reply to Aidan Bell

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2011 4:12 PM   in reply to joe bloe premiere

Yes, that black hat is the one that I have.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2011 4:16 PM   in reply to joe bloe premiere

I saw "Casey Bear," but wonder if they ever did "Big Electric Cat," from Photoshop? Seems that he'd have been quite popular.

See this THREAD, and scroll down.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points