Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OSX Lion 10.7.1 and Record New Project Problem

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

Well, I held off on updating Lion until 10.7.1, but not long enough, apparently.  I'm having a problem with my Captivate 5.0.2, when I Record New Project.  Upon completion, each slide screen has a jet black background.  The text boxes show up nicely in the right color, but the background is invariably black.  Anyone else seen this?  Appreciate any help or suggestions, thanks!

Alan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2011 Aug 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problem with Captivate CS5 - just upgraded to Lion 10.7.1 a few weeks ago. Today I discovered that I can't successfully record a project without the black screen. Even worse, the program will just crash before I can stop recording.

Did you figure it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, this is what I've done.  I pulled Captivate 5 off my Mac (OSX 10.7.1, MacBook Pro), then reinstalled.  Tried to do a Record New Project, and the black background was gone. Published the project, worked just fine. Then upgraded to Cpativate 5.0.2...received an errror message on the install.  Program still started up okay, but when I went to do a Record New Project, the black background had returned.  Went back in, removed Captivate from the Mac, and reinstalled Captivate 5.0, without the update.  Seems to work just fine.  Again, probably some oddity in my system that will not allow me to use the 5.0.2 update, but it does seem to work okay with 5.0.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources