Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWF not loading after installing new Flash version

Aug 11, 2011 Aug 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installing Flash 10.3.183.5 and a SWF file that has been working for quite a while is failing to load now.

It is the blue event calendar at the bottom right of this page:

http://www.thedac.com/public/news/ePreview/2011/_issue32/ePreview.aspx

The SWF file is located at

http://www.thedac.com/public/flash/flash_event_calendar/calendar.swf

I am on a Mac running Firefox and Safari and it is not loading.
When I switch to Windows (which does NOT have the newest Flash version installed)
it does display properly in Firefox and IE.

Since the SWF was purchased from another vendor I don't think I can recreate the SWF file.
I have also read something about AC_RunActiveContent.js and tried adding it but I'm not sure what that
is about or whether or not it applies in this case.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, robotnewyork!

We are also having several problems here. But we found out that the version 10.3.183.5 is the problem with some AS2 preloadings.

There are some ways to solve this problem:

01) Downgrade your flashplayer to 10.3.181.34. You can find older versions here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html

02) Change your preloading to a newer version, using AS3.

I've been looking for a different workaround because I have dozens of swf files using an old preloading.

I hope Adobe launches a fix as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ricardo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the problem is that I am the developer of the page, so I don't really care if I can see it as much as making sure all my visitors can see it. If they upgrade to the latest version I want to make sure the SWF still displays correctly, but I guess what you are saying is that there is nothing I can do at the moment until Adobe releases a new version with a bug fix.  The SWF was a third party tool that I purchased, so I can't really go in and convert the ActionScript to AS3 (I don't know Actionscript and I'm not sure if I even have the .fla file).

Message was edited by: robotnewyork

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I didn't see this when you first entered it.  I'm looking into the swf now and will start the bug process internally.  Can you open a new bug over at bugbase.adobe.com and post back with the URL?  I'll link the two and you should get updates as the status changes.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2011 Aug 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris. I've posted the bug here:

Adobe Flash Player  Flash Player 10.3 -  Bug 2946720

Message was edited by: robotnewyork

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I appreciate that.  A quick follow up question.  Do you know what tool was used to originally author this swf?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.flashcomponents.net/component/flash_events_calendar.html

It says:

Package includes: MXP

Flash Version: Flash 8

Viewable with: Flash Player 8

Action Script: ActionScript 2.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot view the demos from that website either. I tried using Chrome, Firefox and Safari on Mac and none of them work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem.

A series of files that are using AS2, the issue is with loading a movie into another. Not a preload issue in mine.

I did a series of test on different platforms/browsers. Works with every browser (and has for over a year). As soon as the flash player is updated to 10.3.183.5 it breaks!

My files were authored in CS4 targeting flash 8 using AS2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erick,

Can you send those files my way (ccampbel@adobe.com) and open a new bug report over at bugbase.adobe.com?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported a bug already

Will send you files when i am back at my office later this evening.

Can you influence the powers that be to stop distributing this update, there is obviusly something very wrong. And is causing major problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the bug?

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2946841

If so, please attach a sample swf to the bug too (unless you'd rather it not be public.)  In addition, could you load one of these swf's up over at http://swfversion.com/ and tell me what version of Flash Player it's published for?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has same exact problem on http://expectal.com with gallery not loading at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2011 Aug 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franto,

Thanks for providing the URL.  I've taken a look with the new version of Flash Player that we expect to release either later tonight or tomorrow and the SWF is now rendering and functioning properly.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Chris,

it really works again, thank you for fast fix of current issue with Flash player.

Franto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A new version of the player was released last night that should address these issues.  For additional details, please see the following post:

Flash Player 10.3.183.7 Released

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines