• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion upgrade 5>7 problems

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2006 Jul 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed coldfusion mx 7 on a coldfusion 5 server - the install went well - n o errors. However the ColdFusion Search Server Service will not start. First there is event id 7022 "the coldfusion search server hung on start". Then event id 7031 "the cold fusion search server service terminated unexpectedly" - all other service run nicely. However I am unable to run the administration pages with a "file not found" whenever a CFM file is browsed. The regular website is up fine and Coldfusion 5 is still happy. I have been looking all day for a solution. There are no errors in the coldfusion-err.log. The application server runs fine.

Windows 2000 service pack 4 - latest patches - IIS v

I have removed antivirus, disabled coldfustion 5 services, - no other errors - any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2006 Jul 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem was a "IM invalid license" error and was resolved by removing the Macromedia MX 7 Search Server from the installation - Now I am trying to migrate the SQL databases. The administration module asks if I want to migrate a database - I press "next" and it hands the same screen right back to me. There are no errors in the migration log and no errors in the event viewer.

The screen in question identifies the SQL database and it port and username and password. User name is fusion and the password is prepopulated. I have tried both the host name and the ip number and localhost and loopback addresses. Migration won't proceed if I don't say "skip" but I don't want to skip - I want to migrate. Does anyone have an idea of what password is used or how to find out what the problem is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2006 Aug 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Have you solved the problem ? I am about ready to upgrade a client from 5.0 to 7. I have upgraded others, but always to next version ( IE 5 to 6.1, 6.1 to 7 ). Just checking to see what 'issues' I might plan for.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation