Expand my Community achievements bar.

Disable the confirmation dialog "This document is trying to access the following database"

Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have a adobe form developed in Adobe LiveCycle ES 8.2 and Adobe reader 8.1. The form is accessing a MDB database and populating some field on load. It is using OLEDB data source for accessing the MDB database.

Whenever I am opening my form, it is prompting a pop up to allow access of the database saying "This document is trying to access the following database:" then there is info about your Data Connection. It ask you to "Do you want to allow this access?" yes or no.

Does anyone know how to stop the prompt.

I could just click yes and tick remember this choice. But that will work for me and annoy other users. Some of my form are having more than one data connection and the message prompts once for each connection. It is very annoying for end user.

Is there something I have to set in form to not show warnings or this warning in particular?

Thanks,

Anay

6 Replies

Former Community Member

There is nothing you can do ...that is Acrobat informing the end user that your form is going outside of the sand box to get addittional information. Certifying the form might solve the message issue but I am sure that importing a cert into a trusted store will cause even bigger issues for your end users.

Paul

Level 1

Hi, I've the very same issue. please let me know if you find any solutions.

Level 1

Thanks Paul for your response.

While doing research I found out that Adobe generates a file called DBConnects.sav inside "C:\Documents and Settings\.....\Application Data\Adobe\Acrobat\8.0" which remebers the data connection. If I am making an entry of my data connection (eg. Provider=MSDASQL;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=eDocMDB;) in this file then for all the forms which are having the same data connection is not asking any confirmation for allowing the data connection. Adobe made the same entry even If you check the checkbox "Remeber this choice" in the database confirmation dialog.

Now the problem which I am facing is for Adobe Reader 9.4 version. Adobe 9.4 is also making an entry in DBConnects.sav file but now it is form dependent. It is appending an unique string before the actual data connection string. It is making an entry like "9805AD51FFFF1FFF0A002FF1FFE03028, Provider=MSDASQL;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=eDocMDB;" in DBConnect.sav. Now even the other form is also using the same connection string, it is asking me to allow the connection at least once for each form. If I checking the remember choice at least once for each connection of each form, it works fine. Myforms are dynamic and they change everyday for every user. Please let me know if you have any idea so that Adobe 9.4 do not append the unique string before makning entry into DBConnects.sav.

Former Community Member

I do not see a way you are going to get around that ....it looks like added security so that the user is protected further. You may have

to open a support incident so that the developers can think of a way to change this behaviour.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks Paul. We have opened a support case with adobe and till now they have also not provided any useful solution for this.

I was wondering if there is any way to capture that user has selected "No" option in my adobe livecycle javascript when the database confirmation dialog has prompted. So that at least I can notify the user that he has to select only "Yes" Option and close the form. Please help because this issue is a becoming high priority in my organisation as thoushand of users are affected by this behaviour of  adobe reader 9.

Former Community Member

There might be a registry setting for that but I am not sure if one exists. Support shoudl be able to tell you.

Paul