Skip navigation
Dennis Plumpe
Currently Being Moderated

CreatePDF not listed in 'Open in...' menu

Sep 2, 2011 1:51 AM

Dear all, I have installed CreatePDF on my Ipad2, and I do not get CreatePDF as an option in the 'Open in...' menu. If I click a docx, I can choose between Open in Pages or Teamwiewer, xlsx-files let me choose between Numbers and Teamviewer! But never and with no file type it gives me CreatePDF! Is there anything I need to do, to make this work? I have tried deleting and and reinstallation, but that does not help. I am currently unable to use this app at all, as I can't find a way to get files in the app for conversion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 2, 2011 2:42 AM   in reply to Dennis Plumpe

Hi Dennis,

Are the documents that you mentioned below present in your email?

-Rajeev

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2011 3:04 AM   in reply to Dennis Plumpe

Hi Dennis,

This is very unfortunate. I'm seeing it work perfectly on iPad2 with me.

Just to be double sure, 'click and hold' on docx/xlsx should given 'Open In' option in Mail. If you click these documents in Mail, they'll open in Preview from where again these can be taken to Adobe CreatePDF app by using 'Open In' that gets listed under the Action button.

-Rajeev

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2011 3:12 AM   in reply to Dennis Plumpe

Sorry to bother you again. Are using iPad's Mail app or some other email application?

-Rajeev

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2011 3:52 AM   in reply to Dennis Plumpe

Hi Dennis,

Could you please check that you see CreatePDF app in Settings->Apps.

If you don't see CreatePDF in Setting you can try restarting your iPad and installing CreatePDF again.

Thanks,

Deepa

Adobe CreatePDF Team.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2011 4:14 AM   in reply to Dennis Plumpe

Few things that might help us in getting the problem:

Are you able to launch the installed CreatePDF app by tapping on the CreatePDF icon?

Also, could you try opening a file from Safari or any other app like drop box and see if CreatePDF is shown in the OpenIn list?

What is the iOS version on your iPad2?

Thanks,

Deepa

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2011 5:08 AM   in reply to Dennis Plumpe

Hi Dennis,

Sorry for bothering you again.We would appreciate if you could also write us about the problem at adobecreatepdf-ios@adobe.com.

Looking forward to resolve the issue you are facing.

Thanks,

Deepa

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2011 7:44 AM   in reply to Dennis Plumpe

Hi Dennis,

Could you please send us the screenshot of your iPad screen for following cases if you are still facing the problem:

-Long tap on an Email attachment(say doc),Tap on Open In(showing list of apps that can open the file)

-Open the doc/docx in Previewer and select Open In(showing list of apps that can open the file).

Also, could you confirm, how many apps do you see in Open In?

Thanks,

Deepa

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2011 6:43 AM   in reply to Dennis Plumpe

Hey Dennis,

If you are still not seeing Adobe CreatePDf app listed in Open In menu, you can try out few things:

-try to scroll the list? CreatePDF might be appearing somewhere at the bottom of the list not visible.
    -If you cant see the app even then, try deleting apps that you dont use often (It appears that on iPad, few apps may not appear on the list  if you have many apps that should appear in the Open In list, So, CreatePDFmight not be visible if you have many other apps on your iPad).

Thanks,
    Deepa

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points